Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default Stock GN SMS App Question

When receiving and then replying to a SMS on my VGN, is there any way to tell who else is copied on the message? I get texts from friends who I believe are copying multiple people (but I can't figure out if that's so, and how to tell). If I reply to that text, and if there were people copied on the text that I received- am I replying to all, or just the sender?

I know this all seems like it should be self-explanatory, but I have not found a way to tell by looking at a SMS.

Thanks

Tony

Default Re: Stock GN SMS App Question

If your talking about receiving a group message from another phone (like an iPhone), your phone will not reply to all the people that the original sender sent it to. Only to the main person that sent the message. If you use the Facebook Messenger app for texting, you can engage in group messages.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default Re: Stock GN SMS App Question

In some cases, I'm unaware of the type / brand of phone from which a text I receive was sent. Is that limitation related to the iPhone - Android interaction, or would it be the same if I were texting friends with the same phone and Android version as me?

I know I can send a text message to multiple people at once. Hypothetically- if I send a text out to 3 people, and I get a reply back from one of them- I do not know if the others saw that reply (since I can't seem to figure out where the list of addressees is located on that reply).

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me.

Tony