This phone is only three upgrades behind now

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It will come when it does. Don't know why anyone is still acting surprised that it takes forever for VZW to approve updates, it's been this way since the phone arrived.

I will agree with you that you may see the wait extend a bit, mostly because Verizon only has a fixed amount of resources they allocate to approving updates for phones to push, and it's logical to assume that older phones receive less of these resources than newer phones. Such is life.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Since when is discussing an on-going problem with VZW classified as surprise?

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
My thought exactly. I get anxious the second I hear OTA coming soon just because it is new. But for me, this 4.2.1 isn't like we are getting a 5.0 Revamp or anything awesome like it. How often will many of us actually use photosphere?? Cool but novelty at best...

P.S. I hope it comes soon! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Since when is discussing an on-going problem with VZW classified as surprise?

If it isn't surprise, then it's just retreading stuff that's been Verizon's policy for ages and has been hashed out on the forum since this phone was released. I personally don't think either make much sense at this point, but you are free to discuss it further if you deem it necessary.

I only stepped in to address concerns that the phone would not be upgraded any further and decided to opine a bit on the topic at hand, don't mean any offense. :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If it isn't surprise, then it's just retreading stuff that's been Verizon's policy for ages and has been hashed out on the forum since this phone was released. I personally don't think either make much sense at this point, but you are free to discuss it further if you deem it necessary.

I only stepped in to address concerns that the phone would not be upgraded any further and decided to opine a bit on the topic at hand, don't mean any offense. :)
The logic you are using can be applied to a fair percentage of the discussions in this particular section of the forum. I'm sorry, but to claim that people are displaying some sort of surprise on an issue like this is somewhat insulting. It minimizes legitimate feelings and opinions regarding this particular subject.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The logic you are using can be applied to a fair percentage of the discussions in this particular section of the forum. I'm sorry, but to claim that people are displaying some sort of surprise on an issue like this is somewhat insulting. It minimizes legitimate feelings and opinions regarding this particular subject.

As I said, it was just my personal opinion and you are free to discuss it as much as you want. I don't profess to have an opinion of any greater value than anyone else, but I will happily share it from time to time in a discussion thread like this one. When discussion threads are started there is an understanding that there will be differences of opinion in throughout the discussion. This particular subject, in my opinion, is akin to discussing something as fundamental at this point as why the phone casing is a cheap-feeling grey plastic: It's just the way it is and we should all be used to it by now.

I think I'm partly not explaining as well as I'd like, and also feeding into a discussion that isn't really going to go anywhere, so again I'll just say that I meant no offense and sorry if you took any.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
People come here to complain about Verizon because their wife has told them to shut up about it. That steam has to be vented somewhere.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Mines up to date. :)
ydyve8es.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What could the official response from Verizon be now?? There has to be a reason why they are letting this phone get this far behind on legitimate updates. I'm sure the updates would fix problems that they get calls on and pass out the " try a factory reset" answer.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
This is kind of pathetic. Nexus phones are supposed to be updated before any others, but it seems non-Nexus phones have newer versions of Android than I do. This is just one more reason I will be dumping Verizon next time around.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sucks at updating all phones except the iPhone.

The GNex on Verizon has the latest version of android for any Verizon phone.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This is kind of pathetic. Nexus phones are supposed to be updated before any others, but it seems non-Nexus phones have newer versions of Android than I do. This is just one more reason I will be dumping Verizon next time around.

Which non-Nexus phones have a more advanced OTA than Verizon's GN?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What could the official response from Verizon be now?? There has to be a reason why they are letting this phone get this far behind on legitimate updates. I'm sure the updates would fix problems that they get calls on and pass out the " try a factory reset" answer.
They don't sell the phone anymore so they are ignoring it now.

jw3061

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Verizon sucks at updating all phones except the iPhone.

The GNex on Verizon has the latest version of android for any Verizon phone.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Cause they don't control that update.

Some one needs to bring a large lawsuit against the cell companies based on security flaws due to not having the latest Google patches. That is the only way this will change. Can you imagine if PC suppliers would deny you from having the latest Microsoft patches?