Battery life thread...again?

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have seen a number of battery life threads recently and wanted to share my experience. I have recently been fed up with my battery life and decided to do something about it. In my search for info I have found out that the OEM battery has a life cycle of around 500 charges. I personally have had my phone since launch day so I did the math. Well I was well beyond the 500 charge mark. I did some research on batteries and found a deal on amazon. What I purchased was 2 Anker 2200 mah and a wall charging station for $19.99.
Background on my use:
WiFi on all the time regardless of whether I have a connection. No Google now use. 4g on all the time. Auto brightness ON. Gmail sync on as well as Facebook.
My results have been very good I think. Yes I am rooted and am not going to argue either way on that point. So what is this all for? Just some information I didn't think about and wanted to share. Like I said I was kinda upset that I had to charge my phone 2-4 times a day at work so I had to do something. Here are some pics to show the results I have had.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354286845801.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354286845801.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 80
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354286855412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354286855412.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 79

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's refreshing to see someone posting to share a pleasant experience with this phone's power management. I'd definitely agree that you're getting decent usage out of your phone, two and a half hours of screen on time is pretty good -- not outstanding, but certainly good.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Even though this phone is almost a year old it still rocks. I also like to see good experiences cause many times on forums people come here because something is wrong or they are not happy and seeking answers.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That's definitely good screen on time considering the phone was off the charger for 24 hours. I don't think it's unrealistic for most people to get 3 hours screen on time within a 10 hour window. However, I feel that if you are just checking Facebook or texting, you have a better chance of hitting that mark. I doubt anyone with a standard battery will be able to get 2 hours screen on time playing Angry Birds Star Wars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
No angry birds for me but a good 30-45 minutes worth of hill climb racing while my daughter was napping!

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm really glad to see this, for some reason i'd really like to get one of these with my upgrade but people keep telling me I'm nuts because of the battery. "Why not get a razr maxx" they say, and I *am* tempted, but there's something about the form factor I think that keeps drawing my interest back to this phone. Would you do it again given what you know and what is currently available? (and that these are now very cheap).

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm really glad to see this, for some reason i'd really like to get one of these with my upgrade but people keep telling me I'm nuts because of the battery. "Why not get a razr maxx" they say, and I *am* tempted, but there's something about the form factor I think that keeps drawing my interest back to this phone. Would you do it again given what you know and what is currently available? (and that these are now very cheap).

if battery life is really that important to you, i would not suggest getting this phone. its not worth the hassle. I wouldn't get he razr MAXX over it though. but i would get the Maxx HD over it.
but if you REALLY love this phone, and are worried about the battery life, get an extra battery. if i know i am going to run out of juice, i just take my spare with me and swap it in. 2 batteries EASILY gets me through the day. not that battery life is terrible for me, but this way i know for sure, even with heavy usage, i will be fine for the day.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just another update....battery seems to really be kicking butt after a few days and cycles

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354462249624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354462249624.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354462258873.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354462258873.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 39

firemanjoe

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I finally gave up on the Gnex. I just couldn't take charging the phone multiple times per day. It never got better, basically just got worse over time. I switched over to a Razr Maxx. Used it the whole day yesterday, phone, texting, 4G on, wifi on, some bluetooth music streaming, and at the end of the day, 18 hours of being off charge and it had 67% battery left. To me, IMO, that does it for me. I liked the phone, just not the continuous need to charge the phone. Take care guys, going to a different forum! Good luck with your phones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary