Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By turdbogls
  • 1 Post By biggbrother2
  • 2 Post By Nakrohtap
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Are they friggin kidding me?

Are they friggin kidding me?-asurion-online-claim-center-.png

They want to give me an LG Lucid or an LG Spectrum for a damn replacement for my Galaxy Nexus? WTF are they insane? What is the point of having insurance???

Obviously I selected backorder but this is total BS, when there are clearly still plenty of Verizon Gnex in stock that Asurion can acquire if they need units.

Has anyone else here gone through this backorder process with Asurion? How long does this take?

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

Default Re: Are they friggin kidding me?

not sure on the time frame for back-order...but i would call them up. that is rediculous.
    i actually just read on another forum how someone is in the same situation, but they gave him a black S3 16GB. I wouldn't settle for a Gingerbread phone...let alone one of those LG phones. (maybe the new LG phone though)

i would push for the new LG or an S3 or at the VERY least a RAZR MAXX
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.
    ConTejas likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    not sure on the time frame for back-order...but i would call them up. that is rediculous.
    i actually just read on another forum how someone is in the same situation, but they gave him a black S3 16GB. I wouldn't settle for a Gingerbread phone...let alone one of those LG phones. (maybe the new LG phone though)

i would push for the new LG or an S3 or at the VERY least a RAZR MAXX
    Thanks for the info. I don't know how I feel about going to a Non-Nexus phone though. I love my Nexus enough to turn down even a Galaxy S3!!! Am I crazy?
    ConTejas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel611 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't know how I feel about going to a Non-Nexus phone though. I love my Nexus enough to turn down even a Galaxy S3!!! Am I crazy?
    Nope. Although the black S3 is sexy, I am more than happy with my Nexus running 4.2.1. The software is what makes me want a new phone and since the Galaxy Nexus is first in line, then I am happy. Even if I have to wait a little bit longer until some one make a flashable ROM for the Verizon version.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel611 View Post
    not in the least bit. it would be tough for me to give up my nexus, but if insurance threw me a black S3, it would be very hard to turn down. Root and ROM it with CM10 and i would be a happy camper. its has better specs across the board....my only issue is with that silly home button. but i am pretty sure you can add on screen buttons to the S3 if you want to.
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Come on! They all have bluetooth, video capture and a camera. They MUST be comparable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    bigdaddytee and jephanie like this.

I personally know two people who were able to get S3's in exchange for their Nexus devices. Ask for a supervisor and try to be professional and polite during your pleading for a reasonable device exchange.

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    I personally know two people who were able to get S3's in exchange for their Nexus devices. Ask for a supervisor and try to be professional and polite during your pleading for a reasonable device exchange.
    Kindness goes a long way if my CLNR nexus craps out I'll be trying out the same thing
    nothing nothing nothing

My Galaxy Nexus was acting up Monday morning. I went to the Verizon store and they couldn't fix it.Said they would send me another one. Got a replacement Tuesday afternoon by Fedex
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well I guess Asurion likes to roil people up because at 7pm last night I received an e-mail already telling me the Galaxy Nexus was available. I had to log in and pay the $99 deductible and enter shipping info. Phone has already been shipped overnight and should be here today. I can't really complain about the service since it's been great.

I'm just thinking how cost effective it really is to have insurance nowadays, especially for the Gnex? The deductible is $99 and I pay around $7 per month. I guess it's still reasonable considering I'd have to pay around $250 for a used one on eBay and have to take the chance that it's banned by Verizon or is in poor condition. Verizon is still smoking crack and is selling them for $550 new.

Still something to think about...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Wow tracking says it was delivered this morning 9am. WTF? How could it leave Tennessee last night at 10:30pm and be in RI by 9am? That's fast....

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

They sent it fed-ex overnight, nice...

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

When I cracked my screen and got my replacement it was on backorder but for less than a day. Seems they don't keep a lot in stock but they get it in quickly when they do. Mine was new.

ROM
    Stock

$84 a year and $99 to replace is definitely better than $550. I hope it's a good one, when I had to replace my OG Droid, Assurion sent me a nice one.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.