- 26 Posts
pitiful data speeds, don't know why
I've noticed over the last month or two my data speeds are not what they use to be or should be at this point. I've tried flashing radios which didn't help and right now I'm running with aokp ROM.
I've ran speed tests against the Razer and iPhone 5 that were 3ft away, I even tried switching seats. My coworkers sporting around 10 to 16mb/s and the nexus.... brace your selves, 520kb/s down on 4g with good reception and all our service was verizon. I do get good speeds once in awhile but it rarely lasts long.
I had no other apps downloading anything, I've had the same results after factory reset too. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
Majority of the teats were done with 85dbm and 55 asu with coworkers speed results curb stomping the nexus results, the early morning ones around 5am had a signal of 102dbm and 44asu. I have no idea what any of those numbers mean either : )
- 12-06-2012, 08:12 AM #2
Re: pitiful data speeds, don't know why
thats pretty bad. it is no secret that the Gnex radios are pretty poor, but with dbm numbers like that you should be seeing better numbers. when i am outside with 85is dbm i am hitting 17-20mbps down.
i am inside at my work station...4g, -111dbm, streaming tune-in radio and i pulled : 103ms ping / 2.55Mbps down / 0.55Mbps upload. and this is pretty consistent
all this on 4.2.1 CM10.1 nightly build with the latest radios
my only suggestion for you is to go to a verizon store and run some speed tests side by side with another Gnex (if you can find one on display) if it is consistently slower, might be worth trying to exchange it or maybe get a new sim or something.You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.
- By acbuescher in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 9Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:24 AM
- By Hurley in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2012, 02:36 AM
- By MattMJB0188 in forum HTC myTouch 4GReplies: 91Last Post: 12-20-2011, 02:11 AM
- By ManBearPig618 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 157Last Post: 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM
- By cd5love96 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 16Last Post: 09-10-2010, 01:15 AM