Ingress with your gnex

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Our device plays this game really well, so I'm not going to start moaning and ing about that. If any of you guys are playing, the question is what are you doing to help battery life? My battery life while playing this game sucks. It's abhorrent. The extended battery would help a little but not enough to make that huge of a difference imo by itself. Are any of you playing with a custom rom/kernal that's showing you any huge benefit during play? Anything else you can think of to help improve the experience? I'm considering buying one of those big external batteries to plug into the phone so I can get at least an hour or two before having to run back to the car and turn it off.

I'm playing this game with GPS/Data/sometimes BT on, screen set to dimmest. Currently running jb rom from google IO with stock kernal.

Thanks for any constructive input you may have.

If you have any non-constructive input, I hope you are involved in a car accident that renders you unable to type ever again.

anon(555385)

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any suggestions, but I've had significantly more battery drain since I downloaded ingress. Even when I've turned GPS and the game off.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues when the game is not running. Going to try a different kernel and forcing only 3g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

xFORTRESSx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing a lot lately with mixed results. Even with an extended battery i still have significant battery drain.
Ingress also helped me in using more than my data cap. The game is fun but damn I'm going to pay for it

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I still have the unlimited package. Pretty sure if I can't get them to agree to two stipulations I'm going to straight talk.

1. They must agree to subsidize a Note 2 while keeping my unlimited.
2. They have to remove their logo from the physical button for me.

I'm not going to pay this much and get these cap speeds unless I start getting something out of it.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You, sir, are an optimist. You are also going to get neither of those things.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You, sir, are an optimist. You are also going to get neither of those things.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

Definitely not #2 lol. With the right VZW rep and some trickery involving another line, I've read posts were people claimed to have been able to upgrade to a new device and keep their unlimited data. YMMV.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep. As usual they don't want to do anything to help their customer. I'm actually pretty pleased with the outcome as I'll save over $150 shifting my lines over to ST and get better selections of phones as well.
As a side note I figured out if I personally get a ST ATT sim AND a TMo 100 minute plan, I could sim swap, have both networks, and save $10/mo on my bill for my one line.
In the interest of fairness I'll be calling big red customer service and give them one more chance. Findings will be reported.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781