Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By spencer0279
  • 3 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 2 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By Nakrohtap
  • 1 Post By davey11
  • 2 Post By ConTejas
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 2 Post By davey11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    spencer0279's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    ROM
    Stock :D

    Question Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    i havent been on here in a while, but i need advice lol. I love the nexus vanilla-ness, i had touchwiz for a while. i love samsung screens, but touchwiz is disgusting after vanilla. im getting a new phone withing the next week or so. i like the DNA kind of, but the sense scares me. id get the s3 but it only has afew months left lol. I need opinions and such below please.
    Jaredshoes likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    If you're not carrier-dependent, consider the Nexus 4 on a T-Mobile or a prepaid service. Otherwise, I'd suggest spending some time with the DNA and RAZR MAXX HD in person. Motorola's latest iterations of Motoblur have come closer and closer to stock Android in both form and function.

    Alternatively, if you're getting a new phone because of an upgrade becoming available, consider waiting a couple months to see what is released in January/February or what is announced at CES 2013.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    I'll just throw this in here.. Just because the SGS 3 has been out for 5-6 months doesn't mean its time in the spotlight is over, even if the SGS 4 is mentioned in early 2013 I'd expect early Spring into Summer before it hits the US market.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





    Thanked by:
    zero neck and bigdaddytee like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    spencer0279's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    ROM
    Stock :D

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    well im trapped on verizon, my gnexus screen is so broken that i piece broke off in my thumb lol. It still works, but its scary. I like the S3 but the touchwiz is so ugly lol. I want the nexus 4, but im trapped on verizon .-.
  5. #5  
    Nakrohtap's Avatar

    Posts
    669 Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    Quote Originally Posted by spencer0279 View Post
    well im trapped on verizon, my gnexus screen is so broken that i piece broke off in my thumb lol. It still works, but its scary. I like the S3 but the touchwiz is so ugly lol. I want the nexus 4, but im trapped on verizon .-.
    Is an insurance replacement out of the question? Your original post sounded like you were due and just wanted to get a new phone. If you have insurance, I would go that route and wait until late spring to see what's out there. If you like the stock feel and like to flash ROMs, the Motorola phones are probably out of the question.
    Personally, I wouldn't get one now because they are only dual-core with 1 GB of RAM. I am sure Moto will have some quad-core variant out in the spring.
    It's probably a safe bet that their next batch of phones will have great battery life as well.
    zero neck likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenii View Post
    If you're not carrier-dependent, consider the Nexus 4 on a T-Mobile or a prepaid service. Otherwise, I'd suggest spending some time with the DNA and RAZR MAXX HD in person. Motorola's latest iterations of Motoblur have come closer and closer to stock Android in both form and function.

    Alternatively, if you're getting a new phone because of an upgrade becoming available, consider waiting a couple months to see what is released in January/February or what is announced at CES 2013.
    You forgot about the Note2.
    zero neck likes this.
  7. #7  
    ConTejas's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I'll just throw this in here.. Just because the SGS 3 has been out for 5-6 months doesn't mean its time in the spotlight is over, even if the SGS 4 is mentioned in early 2013 I'd expect early Spring into Summer before it hits the US market.
    While I certaily agree with you and the SGS3 is a great phone (bought one...kept beloved gnex and gave to my gf so I have used it often) I noticed that Franco already ditched the SGS3 and rumors of others to follow. Personally, I think it'll get at least cm/aokp dev support for quite a while as it's such a popular device. OP you could always get a SGS3, unlock/root it, and run vanilla ish rom. They're selling them so cheap nowadays and it's a great phone.

    Davey...the OP didn't mention a tablet that also works as a phone so no mention of the GN2
    zero neck and bigdaddytee like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    While I certaily agree with you and the SGS3 is a great phone (bought one...kept beloved gnex and gave to my gf so I have used it often) I noticed that Franco already ditched the SGS3 and rumors of others to follow. Personally, I think it'll get at least cm/aokp dev support for quite a while as it's such a popular device. OP you could always get a SGS3, unlock/root it, and run vanilla ish rom. They're selling them so cheap nowadays and it's a great phone.

    Davey...the OP didn't mention a tablet that also works as a phone so no mention of the GN2
    Sure I agree that Franco and other developers will always attempt to stay on top of the latest and greatest... Usually if you get 4-6 months of consistant developer support from the same developer then you've done good.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





    zero neck likes this.
  9. #9  
    zero neck's Avatar
    The Ever-Living

    Posts
    5,090 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    I would definitely consider an insurance replacement or getting a cheap holdyouover phone off ebay and saving your upgrade if you're not interested in any of the current phones. there will be new ones between march and june for sure.

    that said, if you want a vanilla device, it's not looking good for verizon. you might be better off picking the phone you like the best that they have, unlocking it and putting an aosp rom on there.


    * INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy Nexus -> __________

    Quote Originally Posted by spencer0279 View Post
    well im trapped on verizon, my gnexus screen is so broken that i piece broke off in my thumb lol. It still works, but its scary. I like the S3 but the touchwiz is so ugly lol. I want the nexus 4, but im trapped on verizon .-.
    You say trapped...you mean with the contract? If you're fairly close to contract end, you could pay the etf (pro rated) and get the n4 and actually cut your bill in half. With the savings in your monthly bill, it could pay your etf and the price of the n4 fairly quickly. I did this about 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Of course you will lose your lte speed, but to cut the bill in half is worth it to me. Plus no stinkin contract with the n4.

    If trapped because vz is the only carrier that works in your area, then thats another story.
    zero neck and ConTejas like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3048
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 02:43 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-19250 (unlocked)
    By MLB1949 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 12:44 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy Nexus?
    By TheDave in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
  5. Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 706
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions