Galaxy nexus stop charging will Verizon send me a new unit.

xxmariolxx

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
hi, my nexus just started not charging unless you place and hold the charger in a certain way. I sitlll have the warranty on it(it is ending on the 15th so thank god the phone stated acting up now. The only thing worrying me is that i have a cracked screen. and in the warranty i believe it states it does not cover cracked screens so i am very worried that they will not want to send me another unit because my screen is cracked even though its charging port has nothing to do with the screen, if you were in my position what would you tell the Verizon employees and can someone please post links on how to revert back to stock and lock my bootloader so i can do it before i got to the store.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
There are two reasons why this charging issue can show up. The first is that the contacts in your microUSB charger have been damaged in some way -- you'll need to try a different charging cable to figure this out. The second possibility is that the pins inside your phone's microUSB port have been damaged. This is the case if all charging cables fail to work correctly.

If your phone's microUSB port is damaged, you can try making sure that the pins aren't bent out of place. Otherwise, you'll probably have to get a replacement.

xxmariolxx

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
There are two reasons why this charging issue can show up. The first is that the contacts in your microUSB charger have been damaged in some way -- you'll need to try a different charging cable to figure this out. The second possibility is that the pins inside your phone's microUSB port have been damaged. This is the case if all charging cables fail to work correctly.

If your phone's microUSB port is damaged, you can try making sure that the pins aren't bent out of place. Otherwise, you'll probably have to get a replacement.

yes, i alreaqdy know the issues it is the phone. i have many chargers and they all fail to work on it unless theyre placed in a certain way. I already tried bending it back and it worked for a little bit but started having the issue again. my question was how would i approach a verizon employee and convince em to send me another one even thought the screen is cracked. I used to have a friend that worked at verizon and last time he managed to send me a new phone under warranty even though the only problem with the phone was i had cracked the display. He no longer works there and im worried im not gonna get i my way this time

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Your not. They are going to try to charge you for the screen. You never know though and could get lucky, though I would bet against it.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It certainly isn't impossible, but it is unlikely. You'll have to convince them that the problem is the result of some sort of manufacturer oversight or defect. Typically, a manufacturer's warranty will cover defective USB ports, however yours has been functioning just fine for an extended period of time. The condition of your screen will indicate that the microUSB damages are most likely the result of a warranty-voiding standard of care.

That's how it will come across. I can't tell you how to 'convince' the Verizon employee that the microUSB damage falls under the warranty; you just have to be honest and try to convey that the port damage occurred by no fault of yours.

reddtessa

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
They won't help you with the cracked screen as its not covered under warrenty, unless you get that fixed outside of Verizon.
My charge port went out and my screen was cracked, when they said that if there was physical damage to the phone when it was received I'd have to pay for the replacement phone. I then said nm I'll just get an external charger and deal with it. Then Android 4.1.1 came out, my phone didn't like the update so was constantly getting the dreadful bootloop at the logo. I even went into the VZW store trying to get them to at least get me out of a bootloop, they did go ahead and try helping me even though they said they really weren't allowed too. Nothing worked so they called up Sammy as it was then their problem since it was the update, well Sammy said before they could even touch it I'd have to pay and get the screen replaced which all in all wasn't that bad a tad under $165 and the headache of reinstall everything when it was returned.
So your best bet replace your screen with Samsung (they might even fix your charge port) or replace your phone with an ebay one (which is what I ended up doing after think it over for a day either 165.00 and risk more problems or 200-220.00 and a like new nexus), as I don't think it'll go the way your hoping.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
hi, my nexus just started not charging unless you place and hold the charger in a certain way. I sitlll have the warranty on it(it is ending on the 15th so thank god the phone stated acting up now. The only thing worrying me is that i have a cracked screen. and in the warranty i believe it states it does not cover cracked screens so i am very worried that they will not want to send me another unit because my screen is cracked even though its charging port has nothing to do with the screen, if you were in my position what would you tell the Verizon employees and can someone please post links on how to revert back to stock and lock my bootloader so i can do it before i got to the store.

I had this problem too. I did a warranty replacement and was charged because the charging port was corroded (I didn't open it up to look before I sent it in and have no idea why it would be, but it was a three hundred dollar charge).

Sent from my Droid DNA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis