Task switcher randomness???

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, it's happened to me randomly over the past several months but haven't really seen any comments on here about it.....but there are times when I'll pull of the task switcher and rather than being taken to the app I touched (most generally when I use it I'm picking the one I was in most recently, at the bottom of the list), it takes me to a COMPLETELY different app in the list and I think even on one occasion it took me to an app that I hadn't even used recently....\

Anyone else have this happen to them?!?:confused::confused::confused:

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
We must be going crazy together then.... Lol. I've not seen any other comments on here about it still, tho admittedly i haven't taken the opportunity to look further than this specific forum for the VZW Gnex.... Could be comments on it in some of the more general Android or JB specific threads....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't recall where I saw it but a blogger mentioned this occurring within a blog regarding his assessment of android styles within jelly bean. In it he mentioned how Google maps didn't follow the holo theme as well as the task switcher acting wonky.

I think he even got a response from a Googler as well regarding some of the inconsistencies, so Google at least has it on their radar

Sent from my Nexus 7

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am noticing it as well. but its only been maybe 3-4 times a month, if that. it bothers me, but not enough to really care about it :)

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The back button can have issues too. Especially when you are going from Google Talk - no matter where I was before, if I switch to google talk to reply to a message and hit the back button I'm brought to the home screen. Happens every time. Most other apps if you hit the back button after switching to it from another app you'll be brought back to the original app. Before noticing this I almost never used the task switcher and was confused why google would choose that to be one of the 3 persistent buttons and not the options button. But thanks to Google Talk I have started to use the task switcher almost every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995