why is the VZW GNex trade-in value so little right now? (even on Verizon's own trade-in website)

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
why is the VZW GNex trade-in value so little right now? (even on Verizon's own trade-in website)

the quotes I've been getting ranged from $63 to $95. my GNex is mint... I can honest say it looks like brand-new out of the box(even the box and all accessories look unused, since I never took them out of the original box)

Yes, I realized I can probably get more on eBay or other auction sites... but I really don't want to deal with that. :D

If I can only get $150 or less(net), I may as well keep it as a spare smartphone, right? :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

the quotes I've been getting ranged from $63 to $95. my GNex is mint... I can honest say it looks like brand-new out of the box(even the box and all accessories look unused, since I never took them out of the original box)

Yes, I realized I can probably get more on eBay or other auction sites... but I really don't want to deal with that. :D

If I can only get $150 or less(net), I may as well keep it as a spare smartphone, right? :)

Trade-in where?

They need to re-sell at a profit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
^ What he said ^

If you really want to get some money back for a used phone, you really need to go the route of Ebay or even the marketplace on this site.
I see VZW galaxy nexus on Ebay for over $200 and more depending on extras.

or you have a great Backup Phone and that is a good idea as well.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It's an old phone. Just about anything a year old isn't going to get much money for a trade-in unless it's an iPhone.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel this phone is dying a slow death. Maybe the bad rep it's acquired with the poor battery and radios. Lots have moved on, as evidenced by the lack of activity in this forum. This phones software experience is still top notch.
I have a listing for my gnex on swappa, cl and here. I can feel the vibe on this phone. Hardly any interest, few offers if any.

Btw stay away from cl. Full of scammers. I have gotten 4 scam attempts.

Sent from my mako :)p)

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Another avenue to explore is swappa.com. Swappa is a buy/sell mobile devices site with a great reputation as far as I'm aware. They use paypal, and a lot of sellers sell many devices and have gotten a reputation of their own. It's moderated by site owners and as reputable as they come. People will offer trades, and that's ok as long as you're willing to trade. You can always say no. Also people try to haggle a little bit on there whether you're open to that is your own decision.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I decided not to waste more time searching and just traded it at Verizon Wireless
trade-in website. With the $50 promo code, I received a quote of $140, which
includes free shipping to them. I suppose I could have gotten almost $200 by
listing on eBay, but didn't want the hassles.... :(

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
No the note 2 has 4g

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1) The Note 2 is a huge device that 85% of consumers will not consider as a phone, it is a great niche phablet device. 2) The N4 DOES have LTE in a few markets outside the USA. 3) I still feel my LTE beast gnex is the baddest device on VZW for a tinkerer like myself :p 4 ) Opinions are like a$$holes...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah I still think my Gnex is a good phone. The only setback is battery. I get real good lte and 3g reception

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my GN on Craigs List. Great experience. Great Price. Have purchased three phones now on CL. EBay prices are too high and you can't have a good conversation first. Too high for the buyer at least.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my GN on Craigs List. Great experience. Great Price. Have purchased three phones now on CL. EBay prices are too high and you can't have a good conversation first. Too high for the buyer at least.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Would you mind telling me how much you paid? :)

It's too late for me already, since I have already shipped mine to Verizon.
My trade-in quote was only $140 and I expect Verizon will send the check
out without any issues. My GNex was in near-mint condition with not a
scratch on the phone.. or even the original box/accessories.

draiko913

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I think with the phone being over a year old now, and with the frequent release of other android phones, it has fallen to the back of a lot of peoples minds. I've had mine since release day and it's still a heck of a great phone. This is actually the longest that I have kept a single phone in the last 12 years!