Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By bakerbert
  • 1 Post By dwaynewilliams#WN
  • 2 Post By davey11
  • 1 Post By davey11
  • 2 Post By svfd757
  • 1 Post By BuyOneGetFour
  • 1 Post By ConTejas
  • 1 Post By BuyOneGetFour
  • 1 Post By davey11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default why is the VZW GNex trade-in value so little right now? (even on Verizon's own trade-in website)

why is the VZW GNex trade-in value so little right now? (even on Verizon's own trade-in website)

the quotes I've been getting ranged from $63 to $95. my GNex is mint... I can honest say it looks like brand-new out of the box(even the box and all accessories look unused, since I never took them out of the original box)

Yes, I realized I can probably get more on eBay or other auction sites... but I really don't want to deal with that.

If I can only get $150 or less(net), I may as well keep it as a spare smartphone, right?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: why is the VZW GNex trade-in value so little right now? (even on Verizon's own trade-in website)

Yep. I'd keep it as a backup for that little money.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,344 Global Posts

Default Re: why is the VZW GNex trade-in value so little right now? (even on Verizon's own trade-in website)

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    why is the VZW GNex trade-in value so little right now? (even on Verizon's own trade-in website)

the quotes I've been getting ranged from $63 to $95. my GNex is mint... I can honest say it looks like brand-new out of the box(even the box and all accessories look unused, since I never took them out of the original box)

Yes, I realized I can probably get more on eBay or other auction sites... but I really don't want to deal with that.

If I can only get $150 or less(net), I may as well keep it as a spare smartphone, right?
    Trade-in where?

They need to re-sell at a profit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    JellyBeans

^ What he said ^

If you really want to get some money back for a used phone, you really need to go the route of Ebay or even the marketplace on this site.
    I see VZW galaxy nexus on Ebay for over $200 and more depending on extras.

or you have a great Backup Phone and that is a good idea as well.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
    NotJustAPhone likes this.

It's an old phone. Just about anything a year old isn't going to get much money for a trade-in unless it's an iPhone.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    NotJustAPhone likes this.

I feel this phone is dying a slow death. Maybe the bad rep it's acquired with the poor battery and radios. Lots have moved on, as evidenced by the lack of activity in this forum. This phones software experience is still top notch.
    I have a listing for my gnex on swappa, cl and here. I can feel the vibe on this phone. Hardly any interest, few offers if any.

Btw stay away from cl. Full of scammers. I have gotten 4 scam attempts.

Sent from my mako ()
    Thanked by 3:
    NotJustAPhone and jephanie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    No, the nexus 4 is the baddest.

Sent from my mako ()
    ConTejas likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    No, the nexus 4 is the baddest.

Sent from my mako ()
    No the note 2 has 4g

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
    Thanked by 2:
    Jaredshoes and Ry like this.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Another avenue to explore is swappa.com. Swappa is a buy/sell mobile devices site with a great reputation as far as I'm aware. They use paypal, and a lot of sellers sell many devices and have gotten a reputation of their own. It's moderated by site owners and as reputable as they come. People will offer trades, and that's ok as long as you're willing to trade. You can always say no. Also people try to haggle a little bit on there whether you're open to that is your own decision.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I decided not to waste more time searching and just traded it at Verizon Wireless
    trade-in website. With the $50 promo code, I received a quote of $140, which
    includes free shipping to them. I suppose I could have gotten almost $200 by
    listing on eBay, but didn't want the hassles....
    bakerbert likes this.

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    No the note 2 has 4g

1) The Note 2 is a huge device that 85% of consumers will not consider as a phone, it is a great niche phablet device. 2) The N4 DOES have LTE in a few markets outside the USA. 3) I still feel my LTE beast gnex is the baddest device on VZW for a tinkerer like myself 4 ) Opinions are like a$$holes...
    davey11 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    4 ) Opinions are like a$$holes...
    I beg to differ.... some people have more than one opinion... but nobody has more than two of those things you just mentioned...
    ConTejas likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Haha yeah I still think my Gnex is a good phone. The only setback is battery. I get real good lte and 3g reception

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    No the note 2 has 4g

When a person has a tapatalk sig like that below, it would tend to incite some adverse comments, especially if said person goes to a different forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Just picked up my GN on Craigs List. Great experience. Great Price. Have purchased three phones now on CL. EBay prices are too high and you can't have a good conversation first. Too high for the buyer at least.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by DC Damien View Post
    Just picked up my GN on Craigs List. Great experience. Great Price. Have purchased three phones now on CL. EBay prices are too high and you can't have a good conversation first. Too high for the buyer at least.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Would you mind telling me how much you paid?

It's too late for me already, since I have already shipped mine to Verizon.
    My trade-in quote was only $140 and I expect Verizon will send the check
    out without any issues. My GNex was in near-mint condition with not a
    scratch on the phone.. or even the original box/accessories.

I sold mine yesterday on swappa for 200 minus 10 for fees.

Sent from my mako ()
    Scott Kenyon likes this.

I think with the phone being over a year old now, and with the frequent release of other android phones, it has fallen to the back of a lot of peoples minds. I've had mine since release day and it's still a heck of a great phone. This is actually the longest that I have kept a single phone in the last 12 years!