Just got a RAZR Maxx HD after using nexus for a yr.

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to create a thread to help people who have the nexus and are thinking about switching. I've had my nexus and have been running a custom ROM since day 2, so I have lots of experience with it. My goal is to help people make the right decision using my opinions. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This post could have definitely used a but more substance...

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Summed up
Pros
-Battery obviously is fantastic and Im still adjusting to not having to carry my extra battery's.
-Real HDMI out is convenient and doesn't require power supply

Cons
-feels larger and heavier
-camera is much worse than nexus pretty much unacceptable. Very difficult to take acceptable image.
-bloatware and other stupid Verizon software is half baked thru out the phones features which takes away from the vanilla-ish android feel.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much what I would expect....great choice for the battery folks...but coming from a proper gnex that's about it. No offense, but surprised you went with a phone with an unlockable bootloader after having a gnex unlocked/rooted from day 2.

Oh, and quite a few people relate that larger/heavier industrial feel of Moto devices to a better build quality.

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Gnex currently and do still really like it. Only reason I purchased the Razr is because I usually update every year and was getting bored. I use my phones to the full extent so the battery of the Maxx looked compelling. Using the Maxx really made me appreciate my Gnex even more for its amazing ability's. People talk crap about the Gnex but since day 1 mine has been problem free and still is a year later with heavy use in addition to my wild lifestyle. Thought maybe motorolas radios would also be better but after a week of experience it actually has dropped more calls than my Gnex and looses calls in places in which my Gnex would pull threw (with a couple of skipped words).

On the build quality part... IMO I find the Motorola to be a much bigger risk for damage due to its weight and design. My gnex (in tpu case w/ screen cover) has taken incredible drops and constant abuse (like being in my console of jetski while I slam 5ft waves for hrs at a time) and is completely problem/damage free (9.5 condition wise out of 10)

Speed wise they are both identical, but the Razr does show lag more often especially when in motoblur crap.

Another thing is the brightness of the led. The Gnex is at least 2x brighter and is one of the brightest leds I've ever seen. I use my phone for a flash light all the time and this is something worth noting that I have not heard anyone say anything about.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If the galaxy s III has the dnas screen, maxx's battery, one x plus cpu, and the notes s pen function it would have been the perfect phone.

I hope someone from Samsung are reading and listening to what should be on the next galaxy s

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It definitely would be on the right path. I would love the pen with integrated holder, and definitely prefer a phone made of composites like plastic over metal and glass any day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci