any suggestions on what I should do at VZW today?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just un rooted and flashed back to stock + locked my boot loader. vzw wants me to go in to a store and look at my phone...

heres the deal ( i have not been complaining because I know there is nothing I can do to fix this) On wifi, 3g, 4g, basically whenever my device is connected to ta network the top right hand side ( looking at the front) gets really hot. I assume its the radios. but when this happens my whole device starts to lag. keys and links dont press on the first touch and when I go back to my home screen all my widgets ghost and flicker for a few sec.

last night I turned my phone off for 8 hours (longest its been off for in a while) I tried to turn it back on this morning and nothing.. had to pull the battery to get it to boot.

so vzw tech flagged my account so that the corp store can "test" my device.. should I see about getting a different phone to replace it? will they even consider giving me a NITB Gnex? I really dont want a "certified Like POO" replacement. iv been down that road with a few other phone.. each one was worse then the one I had before it.

any ideas suggestions?

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
should I see about getting a different phone to replace it?

If it is still in warranty and you have had them replace the GNex more than once, they will offer you a Rezound or a Razr (but not a Razr Maxx), neither of which I would want.

will they even consider giving me a NITB Gnex? I really dont want a "certified Like POO" replacement. iv been down that road with a few other phone.. each one was worse then the one I had before it.
They generally won't give you a NITB phone once you are out of the 2 week no questions asked return period. You can always try.

any ideas suggestions?
you are likely looking at a CLN GNex or a CLN Rezound or a CLN Razr. You can always try to get something else, but it usually doesn't work. If you are still within the manufacturer warranty, you can try with Samsung.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
you know how it goes. as soon as you walk in your phone starts acting perfectly. I have 7 days until my warranty is over .. I know its going to start acting up now that im home though...

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I usually handle my business (pay bills, tech support, etc.) first and then I head over to the Droid phones section and uninstall their VZN demo apps and activate the android easter egg screen afterwards. Just an idea ;) As for your situation, it is completely up to you amigo. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Its actually up to Verizon lol. The guy was really nice . He had a gnex as well (on his 2nd one) but he couldn't help because it refused to over heat and lag out in his presence. I'll prob end up not getting it replaced. Maybe I'll contact Samsung. I don't know where I'd start with them though.

draiko913

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've actually had quite a few certified like new devices from VZW and didn't run into too many issues. Usually when there was a problem, it happened within the first week after replacement and I was able to get another rather quickly.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had 7 cln thunderbolts in 3 weeks. Each one worsen the the last. And before that every like new replacement I've had has been terrible.
I'm going to get stuck with my current device it seems. I'll just have to suck it up since my warranty is up next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress