Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wifi suddenly fried......

Am not able to connect w/my wifi.

Wifi turned on in settings. On the settings screen, the name of my network keeps flashing on and off, along with "connecting, saved, secured" and the signal icon. My network itself is fine. My Nexus tablet is connected w/a strong signal. Settings eg, password, encryption are ok. I tried switching in and out of airplane mode, reboot, battery pull etc....

never had this problem until now. n Phone is also getting hot....I've had the heat before when I did a lot of downloading or heavy web surfing. Now it's hot for now apparent reason.

Think this is a hardware problem??

tx
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: wifi suddenly fried......

very weird. I solved the problem by rebooting my wireless router. My other wireless device was working fine, for some reason the connection w/the GNEX wasn't. case closed.

Default Re: wifi suddenly fried......

I had this problem. I had my phone plugged into a car charger, running Navigation and something else and my phone got extremely hot. The next day my wifi would not turn on. There was no fix. Wifi was done. I ended up having another issue and got my phone replaced.