Error retrieving information.....Unresolved

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Error retrieving information from server. RPC:S-7:AEC-0

You see that guys? its a 7, not a 5. Im getting the error code with a 7 and everything I found is only for a 0 or 5. No one has been able to assist how to fix the 7s.

So pretty much I cant purchase anything from play store.

I cleared data/cache but no luck and im guessing its irrelevant for this issue.
I have read to completely wipe the phone and do a factory reset. No thank you, I cannot afford to do so, too much work to restore
I tried deleting the google account from the phone but a warning message popped up saying it will erase everything from the phone, i said no thanks again.

Can anyone please assist without having to do major damage..? Easiest, smoothest possible way? Please advise, thank you so much

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So I thought I could be cool and bypass the info by redeeming a play card instead....

No luck. Still same error message.

Anyone know how to fix this?

And no I'm not modded or rooted. Stock as they come running jb

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Its not an app I'm installing I'm buying in game purchases. I tried different games and it keeps showing that error. As I mentioned earlier I tried redeeming a play card with the same issue.

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, and the second link is of a person that designed his own app with in app purchases and can not get it working correctly. He even gets the error you mentioned. Both of the people in the treads I included have the error with in app purchases. Dont think you will get a resolution here. Need to contact Google directly I think. Dont know myself. Sorry.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
ok so i just did a factory reset, restored the phone (used nexus root toolkit) and im still getting the same message. why the hell is this happening? does google not want my money?

any other suggestions? or do i have to move this thread elsewhere?

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
As the error appears to be with in game purchases, I would contact the game developer or google directly. If you can purchase directly from Play World or what ever it is called then the billing system is working. If it fails on in game purchases it is something the developer needs to track down I would say.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't happen in the game. I never was in a game when doing so. Its within the play store itself. Whether I try to redeem a card or make a purchase

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
yes, but it happens for an ITEM to be used within a Game, correct. So it is still in game purchase. Anyone else in the comments having the same problem? Did the developer have any insight? If you can purchase a regular item not to be used for in game use, then the issue is not google play per say, it would be something tied to the actual item.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
doesnt seem like you understand what im saying and youre only responding to me for the sake of raising your "posts"

forget games and anything related to games. i cant purchase ANYTHING from the play store. i cannot purchase a single thing when im in the play store whether if its an app, a game, music, a book, NOTHING. this issue has nothing to do with any games what so ever. its the play store overall thats giving me this issue. i try to redeem a play store gift card, it still gives me the same issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
doesnt seem like you understand what im saying and youre only responding to me for the sake of raising your "posts"

forget games and anything related to games. i cant purchase ANYTHING from the play store. i cannot purchase a single thing when im in the play store whether if its an app, a game, music, a book, NOTHING. this issue has nothing to do with any games what so ever. its the play store overall thats giving me this issue. i try to redeem a play store gift card, it still gives me the same issue.

Well I've been reading this thread and still thought the" in game " issue was going on.

I would call your carrier and make sure a purchase block was not put on your phone number.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i called verizon, spoke to 2 diff people and they escalated to "tech support" theres no blockage or anything. ive been able to make purchases in the past until recently. they werent able to figure out. they said take it to a store and see if someone can assist and possibly maybe exchange the phone for a new one if they couldnt fix it. i bought my phone new and will not swap for a faulty refurb.

i will try the factory reset again and will post reults.

- - - Updated - - -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...on-from-the-server-rpcs-7aec-0-in-google-play

That is just one link but your error message, with a 7, is all over Google search.

ya i tried that it didnt work.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think it seems to be a Google Play store issue, some used different credit cards and it worked, some got the message on high traffic days only, some logged in on their computer, added their card, purchased on the computer and it worked. If you have never done that, you don't have to connect your phone to the PC and it will download to your phone.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
ok so this is kind of interesting.

i did a factory reset, i didnt restore the phone. i treated it like brand new and wanted to start everything fresh. i logged in to play store and it asked for my google account. right away it asked to save a credit card to file. i tried that and it still gave same message.

i went to the play store from the computer to redeem the gift card, it took me to google wallet's account verification page where its asking me to fill in the blanks and upload a copy of my id and a bill with my address because my account has been "suspended". awesome. ok so looks like this will take a few days. this seems like it may be the resolution, i will post back once im verified. hopefully.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Shaytoon21, Im using a Google Nexus 7 and I can echo everything you said in this thread, did you get this issue resolved? I am very vfrusterated.

not yet....am still waiting for an email from google....when i initially filled out the info, they sent an email stating itll take 3-5 business days to resolve and some cases may take longer. looks like im "some cases"

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email this morning stating my account is now active and ready for use. I went into play store/wallet and sure enough everything is working now. Looks like google is taking precautions to verify legitimacy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2