Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone not charging while plugged in

I have two problems here. The first (which i'm not sure if it's related to the second) is that the phone does not charge when the mini-USB side of the power cord is slightly bend towards the back of the phone. Here is a picture, http://i.imgur.com/1xYS5.jpg?1 or imgur: the simple image sharer if that doesn't work, depicting what I am describing, the red F (force) in direction of the green arrow.

The second is that the phone show's "Not Charging" while plugged into the computer or the wall. It's losing power even though the lightning bolt is showing up on both the lock screen and the battery screen. The battery screen says it's "Not Charging" which I believe. Also in the first picture below, it says it's charging too.

imgur: the simple image sharer
    and
    imgur: the simple image sharer

Default Re: Phone not charging while plugged in

Hardware problem, call for a replacement. Mines just did basically the same thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

my phone is not charging...when i plug the phone to the charger,the charger makes sounds annd the light of the charger is gone....but when i tiely hold the wire back wards near the phones ubs opening...the light comes but the screen shows..connect your charger,,,please help out....

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

Try a different cable. If that doesn't work, then the USB port is probably broken. If you plug the phone into your computer does it have and keep a data connection with the computer?

Strange, my wife's nexus just stopped charging today...
    Ironically it charges when the phone is off but does /shows nothing when it is plugged in and on ...

Posted by a Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by dcastillo View Post
    Strange, my wife's nexus just stopped charging today...
    Ironically it charges when the phone is off but does /shows nothing when it is plugged in and on ...

Posted by a Nexus
    I just had the same thing happen to my nexus......