Phone not charging while plugged in

James Vetere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have two problems here. The first (which i'm not sure if it's related to the second) is that the phone does not charge when the mini-USB side of the power cord is slightly bend towards the back of the phone. Here is a picture, http://i.imgur.com/1xYS5.jpg?1 or imgur: the simple image sharer if that doesn't work, depicting what I am describing, the red F (force) in direction of the green arrow.

The second is that the phone show's "Not Charging" while plugged into the computer or the wall. It's losing power even though the lightning bolt is showing up on both the lock screen and the battery screen. The battery screen says it's "Not Charging" which I believe. Also in the first picture below, it says it's charging too.

imgur: the simple image sharer
and
imgur: the simple image sharer

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hardware problem, call for a replacement. Mines just did basically the same thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rowena grace

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
my phone is not charging...when i plug the phone to the charger,the charger makes sounds annd the light of the charger is gone....but when i tiely hold the wire back wards near the phones ubs opening...the light comes but the screen shows..connect your charger,,,please help out....

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Try a different cable. If that doesn't work, then the USB port is probably broken. If you plug the phone into your computer does it have and keep a data connection with the computer?

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Strange, my wife's nexus just stopped charging today...
Ironically it charges when the phone is off but does /shows nothing when it is plugged in and on ...

Posted by a Nexus

Jazzy Lynn

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
my Droid Minis doing that too but i cant make the push trick work it "charges" to 4% when off and doesnt go any higher and idk how to fix it