Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

June Borlongan

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Holy **** I have been googling this stupid problem for DAYS and have tried EVERYTHING that's been mentioned on here and a million other forums. THIS finally solved it for me! Thank you!

For those just finding this thread, go to Settings/ Application Manager/ All/ Media Storage and then delete the cache, clear data, force stop, and then turn it off and on. After that just restart and check your gallery.

Anyways thanks again!

Hi, just wanna say thank you for your post regarding pictures and videos not showing up in Gallery. I did try installing dozen of apk's to do the job, but none of them did (only mess up my Galaxy Note 4 phone).
Manually, with these steps it finally solved that annoying problem.
Thanks a whole lot !!!!!!

Rushabh Mehta

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Add a few new pics to device..will show up in the gallery but not the old ones.

Delete files named .NOMEDIA on Device memory of android using explorer or PC.(Hidden file it is)

Go to Settings-apps-all-media storage.. Clear data + Clear defaults +disable the app

Go to gallery and you will find new pics also not displaying..
Now Restart the device.. Open the gallery..You wont find anything...
keep it open..

Go to Settings-apps-all-media storage.. ENABLE !!

Photos are Back and Also other media files are back.

It is a very simple solution which was figured out by working hard

Jan Mahalingam

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! I tried the other method stated above (I have a Note 4) and it didn't work for me. After I deleted the .NOMEDIA and then followed those instructions it worked for me!

Ijaz Manzoor

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Delete files named .NOMEDIA on Device memory of android using explorer or PC.(Hidden file it is)

The below mentioned worked for me and I found all my Photos back in Gallery as were not showing before.
Go to Settings-apps-all-media storage.. Clear data + Clear defaults +disable the app

Go to gallery and you will find new pics also not displaying..
Now Restart the device.. Open the gallery..You wont find anything...
keep it open..

Go to Settings-apps-all-media storage.. ENABLE !!

Photos are Back and Also other media files are back.

It is a very simple solution which was figured out by working hard

abe get

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Holy **** I have been googling this stupid problem for DAYS and have tried EVERYTHING that's been mentioned on here and a million other forums. THIS finally solved it for me! Thank you!

For those just finding this thread, go to Settings/ Application Manager/ All/ Media Storage and then delete the cache, clear data, force stop, and then turn it off and on. After that just restart and check your gallery.

Anyways thanks again!

this soved my problem thanks

Ramesh Vommi

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
hi Pals,

just connect your mobile to pc or laptop...
open your SD card then go to search option and search .NOMEDIA.. Select all files after getting search results, and delete all files.
do the same steps clicking your internal memory also..
no need to restart... go to gallery after disconnecting your mobile from PC or Laptop..

it worked perfect..

Ramesh

RaphG

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for all the posts.
I could solve the missing images from Gallery by using the scan function of the application FX explorer.

Imaduddin Mohammed

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks rushabh. Your method solved my problem.
Guys when you search for .nomedia files, use other file browser like FX Browser because when I searched that file using "My Files", it didn't show many files that were in the sub folders even when I had Hidden Files ticked in the settings.
Used FX Browser and it gave me all the .nomedia files on the storage and I deleted it and then followed Rushabh's method and got all the pictures, videos, songs, playlist(yeah playlist too disappeared from the music player) and maybe other things which I didn't notice.

Posted via the Android Central App

fml81

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery now all are gone!@

HELP...I followed these directions and now all my photos are missing from the gallery prior to trying this just the ones under my camera folder were missing ,except for a few recent ones I took. the other folders were still full, now everything is gone! Not sure what to do now!!!

Sivachandu

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I followed the steps it works fine but if i am adding new image again the same problem so it seems like i need to do these steps whenever i am adding new image to phone.Please help me on this

AstridDS

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Super easy and this worked with my Huawei G6 L11, takes 5 min and all my pictures and videos are back in the gallery!
Thanks a lot!

smhlophe

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Good Day

Kindly be advised that i took a Picture and it showed the Picture as Captured However when i Open my Gallery(images) the pictures I took are showing in a Cracked icon

Please assist

Thank You

extremeragnarok

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Wow. I did exactly what you folks said to do with media scanner, and now more pictures are missing from the gallery. All my ringtones and custom notifications reset, too. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781