Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 1 Post By jamartignoni
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

****False alarm, problem solved. Just needed to go into the file browser and open a picture from there, then all the others showed up just fine.
    Last edited by Techboy10; 01-03-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: False alarm

Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

I'm replying to this to provide a likely solution to this issue for those who find this thread while searching for a fix to this problem.

There's a component of Android running on your phone known as the media scanner service. This service is responsible for, in short, 'indexing' the media files on the device and providing a reference to these files to applications which request such existent media -- i.e. the Gallery or Music apps. Occasionally the media scanner does get 'confused' -- for lack of a better term -- and may skip over or ignore files for any number of reasons. Sometimes, rebooting the device will fix the issue; the media scanner performs a full indexing when the device is powered on. However, if this is not the case, you'll need to manually trigger the scanner service to re-scan the available storage. There are applications in the Play Store that will do this for you programmatically.

Here are two such applications, with no endorsements or guarantees from me.

It's likely that by using a file browser application to load, browse through, and select a file, the media scanner correctly identified and reported the image files you weren't seeing in the gallery.
    Thanked by:
    Techboy10 and Usama Helmy like this.

I've got a similar issue with music. I can find the music files on the SDCard in my Samsung Galaxy Ace phone by going to My files but when I run the Music App, it cannot see them.
    I've removed the nomedia files from the SDcard; didn't fix it.
    I've installed the Rescan SD Card app and ran that; didn't fix it.
    I've reformatted the SD card, then copied the files back; didn't fix it.
    Help please!

my bluetooth is not working can u plz help me

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build5

Quote Originally Posted by Piyush Mehta View Post
    my bluetooth is not working can u plz help me
    I had a similar issue this past week. I had to "pair" the BT and my phone again and all is good.

Default Pictures not showing up in Gallery

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the photos I take on my phone don't upload to the Gallery. The photos can be found under Myfiles/Images but my gallery is completely empty. I have downloaded the scan media app but this has not helped. How can I get my photos to automatically upload into the Gallery?
    Thanks for your help

sadly it's not working for me. so frustrating that the join function is joining the contacts but not the photos. it worked at first.

Thanks,
    Bob

download Fx file explorer from google play and thn click on tools thn click on scan media, it will take several minute but it will defintly help u.

- - - Updated - - -

download Fx file explorer from google play and thn click on tools thn click on scan media, it will take several minute but it will defintly help u.

Hi, I'm actually developing an android app for the first time. I've run across this issue because my app will allow uses to take photos during the process. This is probably the wrong forum for this, but is there a way to programmatically FORCE the media scanner service to run? This is really irritating.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out.

yes I enabled the media storage process form application manager, every thing works fine,, ty mate

did you find a way to fix this?
    I have the same problem and feel like I have tried everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    I'm replying to this to provide a likely solution to this issue for those who find this thread while searching for a fix to this problem.

There's a component of Android running on your phone known as the media scanner service. This service is responsible for, in short, 'indexing' the media files on the device and providing a reference to these files to applications which request such existent media -- i.e. the Gallery or Music apps. Occasionally the media scanner does get 'confused' -- for lack of a better term -- and may skip over or ignore files for any number of reasons. Sometimes, rebooting the device will fix the issue; the media scanner performs a full indexing when the device is powered on. However, if this is not the case, you'll need to manually trigger the scanner service to re-scan the available storage. There are applications in the Play Store that will do this for you programmatically.

Here are two such applications, with no endorsements or guarantees from me.

It's likely that by using a file browser application to load, browse through, and select a file, the media scanner correctly identified and reported the image files you weren't seeing in the gallery.
    Scan Media App listed above worked for me on my LG G2. Thanks Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by jamartignoni View Post
    Scan Media App listed above worked for me on my LG G2. Thanks Patrick
    Awesome, glad to hear it!