Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    ****False alarm, problem solved. Just needed to go into the file browser and open a picture from there, then all the others showed up just fine.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    I'm replying to this to provide a likely solution to this issue for those who find this thread while searching for a fix to this problem.

    There's a component of Android running on your phone known as the media scanner service. This service is responsible for, in short, 'indexing' the media files on the device and providing a reference to these files to applications which request such existent media -- i.e. the Gallery or Music apps. Occasionally the media scanner does get 'confused' -- for lack of a better term -- and may skip over or ignore files for any number of reasons. Sometimes, rebooting the device will fix the issue; the media scanner performs a full indexing when the device is powered on. However, if this is not the case, you'll need to manually trigger the scanner service to re-scan the available storage. There are applications in the Play Store that will do this for you programmatically.

    Here are two such applications, with no endorsements or guarantees from me.


    It's likely that by using a file browser application to load, browse through, and select a file, the media scanner correctly identified and reported the image files you weren't seeing in the gallery.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    I've got a similar issue with music. I can find the music files on the SDCard in my Samsung Galaxy Ace phone by going to My files but when I run the Music App, it cannot see them.
    I've removed the nomedia files from the SDcard; didn't fix it.
    I've installed the Rescan SD Card app and ran that; didn't fix it.
    I've reformatted the SD card, then copied the files back; didn't fix it.
    Help please!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    my bluetooth is not working can u plz help me
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by Piyush Mehta View Post
    my bluetooth is not working can u plz help me
    I had a similar issue this past week. I had to "pair" the BT and my phone again and all is good.
  6. #6  

    Default Pictures not showing up in Gallery

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the photos I take on my phone don't upload to the Gallery. The photos can be found under Myfiles/Images but my gallery is completely empty. I have downloaded the scan media app but this has not helped. How can I get my photos to automatically upload into the Gallery?
    Thanks for your help
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    sadly it's not working for me. so frustrating that the join function is joining the contacts but not the photos. it worked at first.

    Thanks,
    Bob
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    download Fx file explorer from google play and thn click on tools thn click on scan media, it will take several minute but it will defintly help u.

    - - - Updated - - -

    download Fx file explorer from google play and thn click on tools thn click on scan media, it will take several minute but it will defintly help u.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Hi, I'm actually developing an android app for the first time. I've run across this issue because my app will allow uses to take photos during the process. This is probably the wrong forum for this, but is there a way to programmatically FORCE the media scanner service to run? This is really irritating.

    Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    yes I enabled the media storage process form application manager, every thing works fine,, ty mate
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    did you find a way to fix this?
    I have the same problem and feel like I have tried everything!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    I'm replying to this to provide a likely solution to this issue for those who find this thread while searching for a fix to this problem.

    There's a component of Android running on your phone known as the media scanner service. This service is responsible for, in short, 'indexing' the media files on the device and providing a reference to these files to applications which request such existent media -- i.e. the Gallery or Music apps. Occasionally the media scanner does get 'confused' -- for lack of a better term -- and may skip over or ignore files for any number of reasons. Sometimes, rebooting the device will fix the issue; the media scanner performs a full indexing when the device is powered on. However, if this is not the case, you'll need to manually trigger the scanner service to re-scan the available storage. There are applications in the Play Store that will do this for you programmatically.

    Here are two such applications, with no endorsements or guarantees from me.


    It's likely that by using a file browser application to load, browse through, and select a file, the media scanner correctly identified and reported the image files you weren't seeing in the gallery.
    Scan Media App listed above worked for me on my LG G2. Thanks Patrick
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by jamartignoni View Post
    Scan Media App listed above worked for me on my LG G2. Thanks Patrick
    Awesome, glad to hear it!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by eddieshelton View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the photos I take on my phone don't upload to the Gallery. The photos can be found under Myfiles/Images but my gallery is completely empty. I have downloaded the scan media app but this has not helped. How can I get my photos to automatically upload into the Gallery?
    Thanks for your help
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by srinivas View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy star GT S 5280 and the photos I take on my phone don't upload to the Gallery. The photos can be found under Myfiles/Images but my gallery is completely empty. I have downloaded the scan media app but this has not helped. How can I get my photos to automatically upload into the Gallery?
    Thanks for your help
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    As seems so often turning off the electronic device and re-starting it solves the problem. All my pictures were in gallery but were grayed out. I could not take a picture either. Turning off the phone and re-starting it solved all problems.

    Thanks for this obvious suggestion.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    im getting really up set, most of pictures are there, I took a video of my sons xmas play today and its not there, I took 2 pics after show and they are there in my gallery but video and some previous pic are not,, I didn't change any settings, ive tried all above options but none have worked, please help, thanks.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    No worries , the same had happened even with me . And i did as follows Solution 1 Note o the steps for both Internal and external Card
    -> Go to File manager -> Android -> Data -> com.android.gallery3d . Delete this folder ( com.android.gallery3d ) in both internal and external card . Then do the next step . -> Go to Settings -> Apps / Application manager -> Search for Gallery -> Open gallery and Click on Clear Data . -> Then switch off your phone and wait for few minutes ( say 2-3 min ) and then switch On and wait for few min. Thats it now All images and videos are showing in Gallery

    Solution 2 -> Go to the respective Folders where images / videos are stored and Go to settings > Show hidden file . And see if there is .NOMEDIA file . If there is such file then delete it . - Then siwtch off and switch on .Thats it
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohan Verma View Post
    No worries , the same had happened even with me . And i did as follows Solution 1 Note o the steps for both Internal and external Card
    -> Go to File manager -> Android -> Data -> com.android.gallery3d . Delete this folder ( com.android.gallery3d ) in both internal and external card . Then do the next step . -> Go to Settings -> Apps / Application manager -> Search for Gallery -> Open gallery and Click on Clear Data . -> Then switch off your phone and wait for few minutes ( say 2-3 min ) and then switch On and wait for few min. Thats it now All images and videos are showing in Gallery

    Solution 2 -> Go to the respective Folders where images / videos are stored and Go to settings > Show hidden file . And see if there is .NOMEDIA file . If there is such file then delete it . - Then siwtch off and switch on .Thats it
    I've got the same problem wherein my gallery don't show anything, but a big space was chewed up by photos. I'd tried Ms Verma's suggestion but didn't work on my phone..One thing is that my phone was doing auto back-up repeatedly making 20 photos into hundreds but not appearing on my gallery..i dont know it could be found..I already tried Hard reset but didn't worked too.. please Help Thanks..
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Thanks! Worked perfectly!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by Usama Helmy View Post
    yes I enabled the media storage process form application manager, every thing works fine,, ty mate
    Holy **** I have been googling this stupid problem for DAYS and have tried EVERYTHING that's been mentioned on here and a million other forums. THIS finally solved it for me! Thank you!

    For those just finding this thread, go to Settings/ Application Manager/ All/ Media Storage and then delete the cache, clear data, force stop, and then turn it off and on. After that just restart and check your gallery.

    Anyways thanks again!
    Thanked by 2:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    to say the truth I tried all of the above and I could not solve it. I found the solution in between all of the solutions. 1. check if the file .nomedia exist at the folder you have the photos and the folders before. 2 enter the app manager and at the app gallery clean data, force to stop turn off and than back on. 3 the same do at the app media storage. 4 restart the device.
  23. #23  

    Thumbs up Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Hi, just wanna say thank you for your post regarding pictures and videos not showing up in Gallery. I did try installing dozen of apk's to do the job, but none of them did (only mess up my Galaxy Note 4 phone).
    Manually, with these steps it finally solved that annoying problem.
    Thanks a whole lot !!!!!!
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Ascencio View Post
    Holy **** I have been googling this stupid problem for DAYS and have tried EVERYTHING that's been mentioned on here and a million other forums. THIS finally solved it for me! Thank you!

    For those just finding this thread, go to Settings/ Application Manager/ All/ Media Storage and then delete the cache, clear data, force stop, and then turn it off and on. After that just restart and check your gallery.

    Anyways thanks again!
    Hi, just wanna say thank you for your post regarding pictures and videos not showing up in Gallery. I did try installing dozen of apk's to do the job, but none of them did (only mess up my Galaxy Note 4 phone).
    Manually, with these steps it finally solved that annoying problem.
    Thanks a whole lot !!!!!!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

    Add a few new pics to device..will show up in the gallery but not the old ones.

    Delete files named .NOMEDIA on Device memory of android using explorer or PC.(Hidden file it is)

    Go to Settings-apps-all-media storage.. Clear data + Clear defaults +disable the app

    Go to gallery and you will find new pics also not displaying..
    Now Restart the device.. Open the gallery..You wont find anything...
    keep it open..

    Go to Settings-apps-all-media storage.. ENABLE !!

    Photos are Back and Also other media files are back.

    It is a very simple solution which was figured out by working hard
    Thanked by:
    Imaduddin Mohammed likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Contact Pictures not showing up in stock text app
    By FearTheGhost13 in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 10:43 AM
  2. pix from comp not showing up in gallery albums
    By MBM7881 in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
  3. Pictures not showing up in gallery
    By XCalibration17 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 09:34 PM
  4. crazy bug - pictures/videos not showing up in gallery
    By Kyle Gibb in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
  5. Profile pictures not showing up in Gtalk?
    By spooksmcgee in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions