Deleting random folders

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I was transferring some music on to my phone and I always see a bunch of random folders within the main directory, I know some of it is the actual phones software and what not but i also noticed random folders from apps i used to have an no longer have installed.....i was wondering is it safe to delete all the ones i recognize and no longer use? or will it make the phone crash of some sorts?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was transferring some music on to my phone and I always see a bunch of random folders within the main directory, I know some of it is the actual phones software and what not but i also noticed random folders from apps i used to have an no longer have installed.....i was wondering is it safe to delete all the ones i recognize and no longer use? or will it make the phone crash of some sorts?

If you no longer have the applications installed on your phone, it should be safe to remove them. However, if you were to install them again in the future, any saved information or settings would be lost. I can't completely guarantee you won't see one or two error messages as I don't know which applications you have in mind or what data they have stored, however it certainly is 'safe' and won't leave you with an unusable phone.

If you want to try but aren't entirely confident, move the folders to your computer instead of deleting. That way, if you want to move them back, you can. If all is well, remove the folders from your computer.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
thank you so much for the input, so far i have no problems. i didnt copy anything over to the comp, i took that minor risk. i have a backup image saved of my phone from previously in case anything happens so were good to go for now. thank you again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae