Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By rjack22
  • 1 Post By dcastillo
  • 3 Post By RobUM2011
  • 1 Post By Downtown Taco
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Default When will we get 4.2?

Is there any news for when we will get the Jellybean 4.2 OTA update? If I recall correctly it has been a couple of months so in theory Verizon should be releasing it soon.
    m.c.rime likes this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: When will we get 4.2?

Quote Originally Posted by rjack22 View Post
    Is there any news for when we will get the Jellybean 4.2 OTA update? If I recall correctly it has been a couple of months so in theory Verizon should be releasing it soon.
    All OTA's have taken roughly 2 months to be approved, so I would conservatively expect you guys should receive it sometime within January.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Unless you choose to unlock, root, and slap some CM 10.1 goodness on you device. Just did yesterday, works very well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Blackberry 8330 / HTC Hero / Motorola Milestone / Motorola Milestone X / Motorola Photon / Apple iPhone 4 / Motorola Droid Bionic / Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX / Verizon Galaxy Nexus / iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Isn't rooting and tossing a rom on the phone the reason we bought a nexus device?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

No, it's the reason some of us bought the phone....

sent from a Nexus, nothing less will do...
    Thanked by:
    jephanie likes this.

I actually bought it for timely updates straight from Google
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by gmonkey88 View Post
    Unless you choose to unlock, root, and slap some CM 10.1 goodness on you device. Just did yesterday, works very well.

Did that help the reboots? Mines rebooting alot lately and I've done 5 factory resets in the past month and it's still not fixed.

I can already tell where this thread is going...

Troll crossing. Don't feed them, they come back. Like stray cats.

jephanie likes this.

I tried a JB 3.1 rom on my i515 and only have one software problem. When the phone is charged and the charger is disconnected the charge icon stays on. The only way to reset it is to pull the battery. Phone uses battery normally and it doesn't seem to cause any problems. It's just very annoying to me. Going to switch back to the 4.1.1 because of this as i have not found any fixes for it.
    SRX660

Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    Isn't rooting and tossing a rom on the phone the reason we bought a nexus device?
    Some of us bought it for pure Google.
    Ota's been worth the wait every time.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

I've given up waiting, I'm running a CM10.1 nightly, I've been very happy with it. When I bought the phone it was with the expectation that there would be frequent OTA updates but the ability to root it was also a factor because it provided an alternative path for getting the latest code, I'm a big believer in belts and suspenders. In this case the belt, Verizon, has broken but the suspenders of rooting is working fine. I have a year to go on my contract, when it's up I'll probably buy a new Nexus phone directly from Google and then run it on the best alternative network available at that time. I'm hoping that AT&Ts LTE coverage will be adequate a year from now, I doubt that Sprint's will be but you never know. I also hope that the next Nexus phone is better than the Nexus 4 which in all regards is inferior to the Galaxy Nexus that we have now (no LTE , tiny memory and non-removably battery is three strikes against it).