- 01-04-2013, 07:47 PM #2
- 01-04-2013, 09:14 PM #3
Re: Will rooting & adding new rom improve my radio signals?
Radios are flashed to your phone separately from the ROM, kernel, and recovery. Flashing a custom ROM won't update your radios, but flashing an OTA update package would change them if the OTA included a radio update.
Here is zero's thread for the Galaxy Nexus radios, and here's the one on RootzWiki. If you're already on the most up-to-date radios, there is very little you can do to improve your signal strength other than by removing interference/relocating yourself.
Edit: something to keep in mind is that battery drain corresponds more to raw signal strength than it does to whether or not you're actively using the data connection. The biggest hit will be a poor LTE signal -- I would suggest simply switching LTE off if it is a significant problem.Ambassador Guides, Tips, and How-To's — Table of Contents
Softbricking be damned.
- By JQuock in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2012, 07:25 AM
- By gsx1000r02 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
- By Issemann in forum Droid BionicReplies: 3Last Post: 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
- By briandap in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 11Last Post: 07-13-2010, 06:25 AM
- By avacomputers in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 02-18-2010, 09:39 AM