Can't figure out this crazy battery drain...

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
So I have nova launcher installed and running only the clockr and a calendar widget and still go through 2 extended batteries a day. My screen is set to ultra low settings. Google now is officially off so we will see how that goes. Also my GPS is off. Could nova be doing this? Help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357651647853.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357651647853.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 54
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357651663394.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357651663394.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 55

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i doubt nova is causing any problems. i run it and it isn't draining battery.

that does seem really bad though.

are you rooted?

i would suggest getting CPU spy from the play store and Better Battery stats.
CPU spy will tell you if you phone is going into deep sleep or not.
BBS will tell you what app, if any, is keeping your phone from sleeping.

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am not rooted and I downloaded CPU spy so I'll post what I find on here. What is BBS?

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
3umuzuza.jpg

That's what I got

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Something is keeping your phone awake. I think there's an option within the app to see what app is consuming the most cpu usage also bbs is better battery stats. That shows which app is consuming your battery

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Something is keeping your phone awake. I think there's an option within the app to see what app is consuming the most cpu usage also bbs is better battery stats. That shows which app is consuming your battery

Yea I'm currently running BBS to see what's really going on. So far I turned off the traffic option in Google now and that seems to have helped. But in my running apps tab my ESPN radio app as well as currents and various other apps keep opening and running even though I'm not actually opening them. What gives?

Thanks again for the support. I'm burning through 2 extended batteries by 330 each day and its really making my experience miserable

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm currently running BBS to see what's really going on. So far I turned off the traffic option in Google now and that seems to have helped. But in my running apps tab my ESPN radio app as well as currents and various other apps keep opening and running even though I'm not actually opening them. What gives?

Thanks again for the support. I'm burning through 2 extended batteries by 330 each day and its really making my experience miserable

As far as the screen usage goes, you had it on for a total time of half an hour and it consumed 19% of your battery capacity. That seems slightly high to me, but as the others have said, the real culprit is likely an application (or background service) which is keeping the phone awake. If you're not already familiar with what a wakelock is and why you're looking for it, there's a relatively short post on XDA for just this type of situation:

[GUIDE] The Total Newb's Guide to Wakelocks

It's a good read, and is written around BetterBatteryStats. Something to keep in mind is that you shouldn't be surprised with slightly higher than normal battery usage after flashing a new ROM or kernel. Give it time.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

If you're brave enough to root, I've experienced nothing but wonders from the liquidsmooth rom running lean kernel. I can pull close to 20 hours on extended with a 2 hour screen on time.

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
So from the BBS app I noticed that my partial wakeups were due to Google maps services so I have Google now traffic off as well as all location services. This seems to have helped considerably. However, on screen time crushes the battery even with brightness all the way down. So I think I might consider the rooting route even though I absolutely do not want to. But, the fact that you're getting 20 hours on battery time with 2 hours on screen seems like a dream. So I'm willing to give it a shot. Thanks for all the help everyone.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So from the BBS app I noticed that my partial wakeups were due to Google maps services so I have Google now traffic off as well as all location services. This seems to have helped considerably. However, on screen time crushes the battery even with brightness all the way down. So I think I might consider the rooting route even though I absolutely do not want to. But, the fact that you're getting 20 hours on battery time with 2 hours on screen seems like a dream. So I'm willing to give it a shot. Thanks for all the help everyone.

yeah i dont know what is going on with "Maps" but it absolutely KILLS my battery life. THANKFULLY, I am rooted and i have a widget that i can tap to disable/enable the maps app quickly. it has done Wonders for my battery life. I can get 2 hours screen on time with stock battery on marginal LTE connection, and 3 or more if i am on wifi most of the time.

you can also disable the maps app (settings>apps>all apps>maps>uninstall updates, and disable) if you dont use it much. if you use it a lot, then this is probably not an ideal situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63