Does the Galaxy Nexus have In-Call Noise Cancellation or Not?
I have read conflicting reports on this. Many reviewers, say that the small pin-hole mic on the top back is for noise cancellation. However, I have read in other reviews or in forums that the mic is used only when recording video and that the GN does not have the hardware to support active in-call noise cancellation. The Android Central review is silent on the issue in the Verizon review, but does mention that it has it in the International review.
I ask because I have noticed that people tell me they can barely hear me over background noise when I am in a noisy restaurant or bar. On my previous phones (HTC Sensation and Nexus One) callers could barely make out background noise.
So does the GN even have it? I have AOKP Milestone 1 installed. Could noise cancellation have been omitted from the ROM?
- 03-04-2013, 11:11 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Does the Galaxy Nexus have In-Call Noise Cancellation or Not?
Of all the android phones, fully tested, very disappointed lack of hardware built-in background noise cancelling feature. Some try with software but don't really function well. Pretty embarrass when you needed most for a clear conversation in a noisy environment. Android phone makers should focus in this area as well as battery juice.
- By af250xxl in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 7Last Post: 08-31-2012, 03:47 AM
- By Mr. Toad in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 06-27-2012, 09:48 AM
- By Zorachus in forum Sprint Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2011, 07:26 PM
- By ManBearPig618 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 157Last Post: 10-21-2011, 03:29 PM
- By joeyandrade123 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 8Last Post: 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM