Boot issue

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
UGH! I hate to post with an issue. I never have really bad ones that I feel I need to post for.

ok so I have the signal issues that has my phone over heating (thats a given pretty much)

whats been going on is that when I turn off my phone for over an hour (on the charger) it will not boot back up. I have to pull the battery to get it to boot. even unplugging and plugging it in does not have an effect.

any ideas?

my warranty is up so I cant even got to vzw :/ not like they would have helped me anyway

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
UGH! I hate to post with an issue. I never have really bad ones that I feel I need to post for.

ok so I have the signal issues that has my phone over heating (thats a given pretty much)

whats been going on is that when I turn off my phone for over an hour (on the charger) it will not boot back up. I have to pull the battery to get it to boot. even unplugging and plugging it in does not have an effect.

any ideas?

my warranty is up so I cant even got to vzw :/ not like they would have helped me anyway

We're here to help with any questions you have and to talk about Android in general, not just to rescue people from bricked phones. Don't feel bad about it! :D

Since you didn't mention otherwise, and by your last statements, I'm going to assume you're running stock? In that case, you may just have a defective device. It happens. But keep in mind there's a difference between your phone getting hot and your phone overheating. Getting hot is normal, especially when the battery is charging, or discharging at a fast right (high current draw due to full screen brightness, active radio usage, etc.).

Because simply pulling the battery resolves the problem and allows the phone to boot, it's unlikely that it is too hot. If that were the case, the phone would still be unable to boot. Try this: turn your phone off, pull the battery, and hold the power button down for at least ten seconds. This will clear any static buildup from the phone (specifically from its main board and charging circuits), and potentially reset battery statistic reporting.

I'd also consider trying a different Galaxy Nexus battery.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ill give that a shot. I have the original battery some place. I'll pop that in for a few days..or until I can't stand the short up time of the OEM one again. I have the OEM extended in now. I am stock but I have a custom kernel flashed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary