Is the battery life as bad as I read? Should I buy one used?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's pretty bad. I'm fortunate enough to be in a reasonably good 4G area, but even when I'm in a 3G area, battery drain is not quite that bad. Drains, but not that fast. Is your 3G signal pretty solid or kinda iffy (as seen by the phone; yes, I know the radios on the GNexus sucks).

I live and work in the heart of Verizon territory. But the building in which I work, the home in which I live, and anything that is thicker than paper seems perfectly capable of taking an otherwise maximum signal and dropping it to the levels you would expect to get at the bottom level of an underground parking garage.

If the radios didn't suck, this would be the perfect device. I love the pure Google experience but my next phone will be whatever flagship Android-based device has the best radios on the market.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The battery life sucks because the radios are for $#!t. .

I don't think that's the reason. I only keep my Verizon Galaxy Nexus around as a spare phone.
No SIM card. It's always in airplane mode.(no wifi, no bluetooth) Yet the battery life still sucks.... :(
(especially compared to my current Note 2)

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I admit I haven't tried disabling 4G (which I didn't know made a difference), but that aside, the battery is awful, yes. I typically restrict my use depending on how quickly I know I can get to a charger. Using it as much as I want (which typically means browsing internet sites and using the facebook/twitter apps), I can kill it in a couple hours. If I hold back, I can usually make it last the day, but it's on last legs by 8 or 9pm. It's seriously annoying.

I'll try the 4G thing, but honestly, I love the 4G speed.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It's fine, all you have to do is put a 3800ma battery into it, they cost $20 on Amazon. With a 3800ma battery the GN lasts all day.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's fine, all you have to do is put a 3800ma battery into it, they cost $20 on Amazon. With a 3800ma battery the GN lasts all day.

That's all? Geez. Why not just hook a portable generator up to it?
Seriously though, I refuse to turn my phone into a tank just to get a few more hours of battery life out of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Seriously though, I refuse to turn my phone into a tank just to get a few more hours of battery life out of it.

It has a little bump on the back, BFD. I don't get the obsession with thinness, battery life is much more important then a couple of extra millimetres.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

LOL! And I completely agree.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd prefer my phone to fit in my pocket.... I go with undervolting, no LTE, and lowering color multipliers. 2100 mAh battery. Lasts about 10 hours with 2:30-3 hours screen on time. Well 10 hours it'll be below 20%

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm running stock and recently purchased a 2100mha battery cause the such one was Horrible, the 2100 didn't make a big difference, still sucks. I plug my phone any chance I get and carry the extra battery and I'm not a heavy user. Besides the battery I'm happy with the phone which I got used fit cheap to keep my unlimited data plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the sprint version and stay in Chicago which has lte and the battery isn't as good as newer phones or the maxx but is still better than the older models. And ime my radios better than my aunts s2 and my lil sis evo.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It fits in my shirt pocket fine with the 3800ma battery. It adds a small hump but it more than doubles the battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech