Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Goup Texts recived from Iphone uses not showing

UGGG.. So is there any way to know when some one sends you a text message that it is a group message and see the other phone numbers that were also sent the same texts.??
    It Sure would be nice if i knew others were sent the text before I reply and hidden users see my reply.....

Default Re: Goup Texts recived from Iphone uses not showing

I haven't done group text lately but the last time I did I recall all the people were listed. But they all were in my contacts. Maybe you can't see people not in your contacts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Its a bit frustrating. When some one sends me a group text from a Iphone I have NO WAY to know it is a group text. I cant see any other numbers of people that are included in the text. It is only after the text is sent and other people start replying that I found out it was a group text and who was included. If i knew my mother was included in the text I might not respond back with so many profanity. FML

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

I believe this is a limitation on stock android 4.1 and earlier. Some skins from manufacturers like sense with HTC have a group SMS/mms feature. However, stock 4.0 and 4.0 didn't have it. 4.2 is supposed to have this baked in to the stock messenger. I am curious if anyone running cyanogen 10.1 on the VZW g nex (which is 4.2 based) can now group text?

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

Here is a thread on it from elsewhere:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...d_how_android/

I am pretty sure there are threads here on it. I even recall a guy making his own apk that could be side loaded to replace the stock messaging app to include group texts. If you don't want to try a 4.2 based custom rom and can't wait for official 4.2 from verizon I would try handcent, gosms, or the verizon sms app in the play store. All have the capability to do group mms with iPhones. Do some searching on handcent and gosms as you need to adjust the settings to allow group text and allow emoji icons. The verizon one is supposed to work right out of the box. I tried all 3 and found them buggy for me. Maybe they will work better for you.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for for the info. I am going to try gosms. I have used handcent before on my spring gnexus. I never knew that they supported this. Aslo I sure hope Verizon hurrys up with 4.2

ROM
    AOKP M5

Quote Originally Posted by Stides View Post
    I believe this is a limitation on stock android 4.1 and earlier. Some skins from manufacturers like sense with HTC have a group SMS/mms feature. However, stock 4.0 and 4.0 didn't have it. 4.2 is supposed to have this baked in to the stock messenger. I am curious if anyone running cyanogen 10.1 on the VZW g nex (which is 4.2 based) can now group text?
    Yes, group text is now baked into 4.2