Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ConTejas
  • 1 Post By Scott Kenyon
  • 3 Post By MRW1215
  • 1 Post By Nakrohtap
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Should I wait for the S4?

    I love my Gnex, but I'm getting ready to move on. Want bigger, thinner, faster, etc. Need a new challenge.

    I've been toying with the idea of a Note II. A colleague has one but it just feels too damn big. Everybody says you get used to that in a couple of days but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger.

    What I really want seems to be coming in the S4 in April or May. 5" display, very high res, thin, larger battery.

    So, the question is: should I wait for the S4 or jump on the Note II now?
  2. #2  
    ConTejas's Avatar

    879 Posts
    Latest OS + EX kernel

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    I'd wait.To me, the N2 is a nice device but as you said, too damn big for a phone. It feels ridiculous (and I have pretty large hands). 5" screen with a smaller bezel and therefore the same form factor as 4.65-4.8 will perfect IMO.
    AZDROIDX likes this.
  3. #3  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    2,157 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,189 Global Posts
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    Thing with the note is you can't go back after owning one. The phone ruins you forever. You do get used to it very quickly, and using a smaller handset after using a note is akin to having to watch a 20" TV after having a 40".

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    kca2000 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    I was up for an upgrade almost two months ago, but I'm holding out because my GNex is still awesome and there's nothing out yet that I'd feel would make a good replacement. I'm currently waiting to see both the S4 and Motorola's supposed "X Phone". I can pretty much guarantee my next phone will be one of those two. I just want to see some actual details on both devices, and I want to make sure one (or both) get good dev support, particularly from the AOKP team.
    AZDROIDX, Pollster and Laineyc like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    I'd wait for the S4 at this point in the game.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia P
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    Wait for the S4. The only thing I can't stand about my GNex is the battery life. I can hold out for the S4 for that alone. Everything else is icing.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    jephanie likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    The Motorola X Phone is an intriguing idea, but the rumor mill says it won't be introduced until Google I-O in May. Should I wait and see what happens then?
  8. #8  
    gregs1213's Avatar

    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    I'm in the same boat as well.. Waiting to see the S4 or the Motorolla X if it is real... Have a lot less interest in the nexus 4 since it's not LTE, no removable battery and no sd slot. I kind of want a note 2 as well.. I do think I could get used to it.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Should I wait for the S4?

    I would strongly consider the Motorola X phone as well. Of course, not a lot is known at this point. It is definitely on my radar. It sounds like the phone I have been hoping someone would make...stock Android with an unlockable bootloader without being called a Nexus, so people don't about the slow updates.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Should I wait for the OTA or just download?
    By Brainfart in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 09:17 PM
  2. Should I wait for the Sensation?
    By Blake1288 in forum T-Mobile G2x
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 12:52 AM
  3. Should I wait for the Galaxy S?
    By majedkassis in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 03:37 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
  5. Should I wait for the official update or do it myself?
    By Steve McHenry in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions