Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

And FOR THE RECORD. The Nexus 4 DOES I REPEAT DOES HAVE LTE.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Lanhoj 
    Lanhoj likes this.

Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

Poor software quality. Bug-gy is an understatement. Camera doesn't work. Music player keeps crashing. I am not even mentioning the many features that it lacks. I am just so upset with the quality of the software that Google pushes out without testing. I have had it for 72 hours and already cannot take it. Returning it today.

The reason the nexus 4 is popular is because its cheap. Simple as that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Assuming you have a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon... the hardware on the Nexus 4 is superior. Lack of LTE doesn't matter too much in my opinion. HSPA+ is fast enough for most uses. LTE drains a battery much quicker. As for only 16 gb of storage... well costs have to be cut somewhere in order to keep it at $350. Lastly... the Nexus 4 is running the latest 4.2. Updates for Galaxy Nexus have to be cleared with Verizon before Google can push them through. Updates will come quicker to Nexus's not in Verizon. Carrier control like that defeats on reason to have a Nexus in the first place... FREEDOM. I am not flaming you.... just offering a mix of opinion and fact to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    And here I thought Apple fan boys were narrow minded. Android fan boys unite!!!
    You call us narrow minded and yet rely on merely dismissing other people's arguments instead of backing up your own. You have so much to learn.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanjello View Post
    Poor software quality. Bug-gy is an understatement. Camera doesn't work. Music player keeps crashing. I am not even mentioning the many features that it lacks. I am just so upset with the quality of the software that Google pushes out without testing. I have had it for 72 hours and already cannot take it. Returning it today.
    must be a bad device, i will trade you straight up for my fully functioning LTE galaxy nexus.
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.
    Greg C likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    And FOR THE RECORD. The Nexus 4 DOES I REPEAT DOES HAVE LTE.

Android 4.2.2 OTA for the Nexus 4 is a go, kills unofficial LTE [updated] | Android Central

All evidence to the contrary....
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

The Nexus 4 physically has an LTE capable chip. Officially it is currently not supported by the software.

End of discussion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

More impotently the Nexus4 does not have the right to use LTE in the USA. It is not registered with the FCC for access to any LTE band.
    Thanked by:
    svfd757 likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

It may not have the right to but for those rooted and smart enough not to take the updates can just take the 4.2.2 sources and compile their own build and still use band 4 lte so again the informed and intelligent win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

You don't know what your talking about. T-Mobile has to allow the use of LTE on a per-account basis for the device to be able to login to the LTE network which would be a crime.

[edited by moderator]
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    svfd757 likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. T-Mobile has to allow the use of LTE on a per-account basis for the device to be able to login to the LTE network which would be a crime. Yes the informed and intelligent win but sadly your not part of that group.
    All you need is a sim an APN and knowledge of how to enable LTE its not that hard their fix lies in an update to the modem which is a partition most ROM makers don't touch so as long as you aren't flashing the updated radio their lock won't work. Care to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    All you need is a sim an APN and knowledge of how to enable LTE its not that hard their fix lies in an update to the modem which is a partition most ROM makers don't touch so as long as you aren't flashing the updated radio their lock won't work. Care to try again.

Maybe a T-mo employee can clear this up with you better but if you refuse to understand that LTE is enabled to an account from T-mobile's end and the Nexus4 is explicitly excluded from LTE access then this is like talking to a wall.

[edited by moderator]
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Hey look I'm right as per the usual.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37965998

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

So, this means the phone must run an old build of the operating system, or radios, to enable LTE? Is this really something anyone should be proud of in a "flagship" phone? Damn I can't wait for the BlackBerry Z10 to release. Now that's a flagship phone
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

So, this means the phone must run an old build of the operating system, or radios, to enable LTE? Is this really something anyone should be proud of in a "flagship" phone? Damn I can't wait for the BlackBerry Z10 to release. Now that's a flagship phone
    Lte was never technically supported so the fact that its blocked on a modem isn't a huge deal but for those who can and do use lte there is a solution that in no way affects the usability of the new firmware. Clearly you aren't a root user or you would know modems really are better or worse depending on area its not uncommon to use radios not offered by said firmware. Because I travel I keep several radios on my SD and swap as needed.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Lte was never technically supported so the fact that its blocked on a modem isn't a huge deal but for those who can and do use lte there is a solution that in no way affects the usability of the new firmware. Clearly you aren't a root user or you would know modems really are better or worse depending on area its not uncommon to use radios not offered by said firmware. Because I travel I keep several radios on my SD and swap as needed.

Yeah I didn't root my galaxy nexus immediately after I got it. I'm totally not running CM10.1 and don't know my way around TWRP and busy box. You caught me.

My point is apple and blackberry are intelligent enough to release a true flagship phone with all possible technology available and not become such a laughingstock. No wonder Samsung is going away from android

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

These weren't meant to be super ultra mega flagships. At its core its still a developers platform Google severely underestimated demand and lte is still not a massive market in the grand worldwide scheme of things you are looking at the US only. After the issues they had dealing with vzw I'm not surprised they said screw it.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

No actually u proved me right it do has lte until u accept the ota

Basically I'm an *** and don't really care what online tough guys think of me. I have my opinion of the Nexus 4 and you have yours. I guess we have to agree to disagree. Or as Si on Duck Dynasty would say disagree to disagree. I would not trade my Galaxy Nexus for a Nexus 4 (and not just because it won't work on Verizon btdub) I think that the gnex is the superior device.

Good thing what u think and what are facts are 2 separate things. The n4 is better in every way unless u see a non removable battery and glass back as downfalls

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Good thing what u think and what are facts are 2 separate things. The n4 is better in every way unless u see a non removable battery and glass back as downfalls

Unfortunately that's the direction all manufacturers are heading. I may be partial to my gnex but looking at the two phones and their drawbacks the gnex is the better phone. But I don't live in Europe or an area without lte. Thusly the 4 is not worth my time nor money. I'll take my gnex or an I phone over it any day

Unfortunately that's the direction all manufacturers are heading. I may be partial to my gnex but looking at the two phones and their drawbacks the gnex is the better phone. But I don't live in Europe or an area without lte. Thusly the 4 is not worth my time nor money. I'll take my gnex or an I phone over it any day

So LTE trumps screen,processor,ram, newer os, bigger battery? To each their own I guess

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    So LTE trumps screen,processor,ram, newer os, bigger battery? To each their own I guess

I'll take speed over anything. If ya ain't first you're last. Shake and bake

Idk I had a razr on Verizon less than a year ago. Now I use T-Mobile with the n4 I'm not even in an hspa+42 area and still get around 15mbps download

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Hspa 42 works just as well especially depending on network saturation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast