Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 61 of 61
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #51  
    svfd757's Avatar

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Idk I had a razr on Verizon less than a year ago. Now I use T-Mobile with the n4 I'm not even in an hspa+42 area and still get around 15mbps download

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    My area is big red only country. Trade off for being in the country. I don't have the option of switching carriers. Even still I would not choose the 4 over the note 2 or sg3.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
  2. #52  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    My area is big red only country. Trade off for being in the country. I don't have the option of switching carriers. Even still I would not choose the 4 over the note 2 or sg3.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    That's fine but don't make baseless points that aren't fact.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    I do what I want cause I wake up in the morning and I **** excellence. The fact remains that the 4 does not have (legally speaking) lte and that was a huge mistake my Google. We roast apple and blackberry for similar mistakes with their releases yet praise Google when they do the same things...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    If an iPhone was $300 with no lte off contract then I would give them some praise. I don't give praise to any phone that costs $700+ off contract whether android or iPhone or blackberry

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    NotJustAPhone likes this.
  4. #54  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    [quoted post deleted by moderator]

    I wouldn't trade my Gnex for a n4 either.

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Thanked by:
    svfd757 likes this.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    me either, using a Sprint Gnex on a unlimited SERO plan for $50 a month
    Thanked by:
    svfd757 likes this.
  6. #56  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Plus look at my Chicago speeds

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is the Nexus 4 so popular?  These are the problems I have with it...-uploadfromtaptalk1360970031490.jpg  
    svfd757 likes this.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    impressive for Sprint ... they are getting their act together ... finally
  8. #58  
    svfd757's Avatar

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_in_VA View Post
    impressive for Sprint ... they are getting their act together ... finally
    Yeah not bad.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
  9. #59  

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Hey look I'm right as per the usual.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Strawman argument? Canada doesn't have a FCC and thus they're able to enjoy the Nexus 4's LTE without legal repercussions.

    You didn't actually refute him.. T-Mobile knows which phones are Nexus 4s and won't allow LTE at the account level until a version of the Nexus 4 clears the FCC with LTE authorization. Look what happened to the T-Mobile Galaxy S3..

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #60  
    aybarrap1's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Honestly guys...this a mute point. Everyone has their opinions. Some people are perfectly fine being locked into contracts while others, like the many here, are not. Some people like the N4, others do not. That is why we all have choices, especially among android devices. Does the Nexus 4 have some limitations--sure. But it also has some outstanding features for the price range. I did not get one because the 16gigs (less when considering formatting, system, and apps) is not quite enough. If it had an onboard memory slot or sold in a 32 gig version, I would have been all over it (even if it had been at $399). But that is just me. I can get over the fact of a non removable battery or the lack of sd memory if it was available in 32 gigs. While the "cloud" is great, it does not beat internal memory vs the usage of data or wifi for stuff when looking at battery consumption.

    As far as the N4 being a flagship phone....this makes no sense. Flagship seems to indicate that it is "star" phone among all the current phones made by the company. For Google, the N4 is the only current phone being sold. Given the low numbers produced I would say that LG does not consider it the flagship. Since it is the only model (with the only difference being storage) offered by Google, then it is simply the Nexus 4 and labeling it the flagship is incorrect.

    Ok...Google made a Global android phone...and there is no LTE (officially). If this bothers you...don't buy it. If you like another phones specs and or software variants of Android, then go with that. If you like Apple, go to Apple. Like Blackberry or Microsoft...go that way.

    Now as to the actual reason for the post...why so popular? Price weighed against specs (both good and bad based off individual needs, wants, and opinions), the ability to be contract free with an unlocked phone (although choices are limited to SIM companies in the U.S.), a truly global phone for those that may travel, looks (I would imagine someone bought it for this reason), and maybe because for a while getting one was an enigma because of a lack of availability (exclusiveness). I think the reasons pretty much rank in this order.
    Last edited by aybarrap1; 02-28-2013 at 10:20 PM.
  11. #61  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,453 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Why is the Nexus 4 so popular? These are the problems I have with it...

    Keep the discussion civil and on topic. Thread has been cleaned up.

    Keep in mind that calling someone a troll is itself trolling. If you see a post that you believe is inappropriate, just hit the report button.

    Sent from my SGSIII
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Why is Standalone GPS killing my battery since the switch to Froyo?
    By tonytooth in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM
  2. why is this phone so complicated
    By Boilingpoint in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
  3. Why is this forum so slow?
    By MattMJB0188 in forum HTC myTouch 4G
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 02:18 PM
  5. Why is charger cable so short?
    By QuasarZ in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

B