- 48 Posts
Google Maps question
Google Maps Question that I cant seem to find the answer to.
I know I can make a limited area available offline. That being said is there anyway to download map data for the whole country, northeast etc to the phone so that it can be used just like my GPS even when there is no data available? Thanks
- 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM #2
- 02-07-2013, 01:49 PM #3
- 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM #5
Re: Google Maps question
The only way to add an entire section of the United States, such as the greater New England area, would be to do it in several slightly-overlapping sections, as mentioned above.
You could consider looking into alternate mapping solutions for Android, such as OpenStreetMaps. OSM provides open mapping data, and might allow for more flexibility.Ambassador Guides, Tips, and How-To's — Table of Contents
Softbricking be damned.
- By angusgreer in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2011, 01:30 PM
- By gill.batez in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 4Last Post: 05-28-2011, 08:55 AM
- By Unknown User in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2010, 03:27 PM
- By dtg755 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-13-2010, 07:03 PM
- By meballard in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2009, 11:20 PM