1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default still viable?

I have a Droid incredible 2 that I bought a year ago. I'm one year into my two year contract. I'm not happy with the phone for many reasons. The main ones is thay Im still running gingerbread, my earpiece speaker broke and touch screen is horrible. I can't afford a full price 500 upgrade but I can find galaxy nexus options for around 200 to 250. Should I do it? Is it still a good phone? Thanks.

Default Re: still viable?

After 13 months with the phone in my opinion its still my favorite phones available for verizon hands down. And yes ive tried all the top ones.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I still love mine as well. I've never had a phone this long without phone envy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

I think that galaxy nexus would fair pretty well for the next year of your contract.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just curious, what version of android is the galaxy nexus running right now?

Quote Originally Posted by knrstz64 View Post
    Just curious, what version of android is the galaxy nexus running right now?
    Depends if you have the gsm version or cdma. I think my nexus from the play store is on 4.2.1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

The VZW GNex is absolutely still a great phone. You'll be stuck with 4.1.2 if you don't ,unlock ,root and slap a custom ROM on it, but it's smooth with solid hardware. Just make sure you seek out a 32GB version as opposed to the 16GB. The extra storage definitely makes a difference. I'm on an unlocked GNex 32GB running CM10.1 nighlies (4.2.1) and I couldn't be happier.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

I've seen the prices even drop to below $175 now, so I would definitely recommend it. I got mine new when it came out, December, 2011, but got my brother a used one in June, 2012 to keep Unlimited Data and he also likes it. Part of what makes a phone great is the developer support, and the GNEX still has it, probably because there are those that can't justify leaving Verizon's network for the Nexus. The fact that it can easily be rooted with an unlocked bootloader mean you should always have the option of running current software.

I still think it's funny when some phones are just getting ICS when I've had it since 12/2011. I never had one, because I hate sliders, but the Nexus is the heir apparent to the original Motorola Droid and that phone was released in 2009 and also had a strong fan base and plenty of developer support.

At this point, I don't have any desire for any of the phones currently out there. The one phone that may change that could be the first Google/Motorola collaboration. If it isn't an official Nexus device, I hope it will be similar to the first Motorola Xoom and be a easily customizable with stock Android, great hardware, radios, with an unlocked bootloader.

How is it compared to the DroidIncred 4g (Verizon) I just got one (Droid Incred) and didn't realize how small it is when I ordered it. I'm not familiar with rooting and unlocking but if I bought one off of ebay that was rooted, would it still work on Verizon? Does it have Jelly Bean or is it getting it?

I would appreciate the opinion of this community.