Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bjrosen
  • 1 Post By NinerJet9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

Default 4.2.2

Has anyone rolled out a ROM with 4.2.2 yet? I no longer care if Verizon ever rolls it out, I've long since given up on them. I'm currently using a CM nightly but I'll happily switch to any 4.2.2 ROM.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 4.2.2

I think the devlopers are baking these ROMs right now.

I'm waiting for MMuzzy to roll out his 4.2.2. I'll be flashing that ASAP!
    Thanked by:
    ric214 

Is everyone finding these custom Roms fully reliable, fully functional and daily drivers. I'm tempted to try them but I use my phone for work so I need to error on the side reliability. I like the latest and greatest too but 4.1.1 has been very good to me which is why I'm not that anxious to change Roms.

I was running PA 2.99 for awhile which is 4.2.1 and it ran better than stock(4.1.1) which I am back at because I am about to sell mine.
    Thanked by:
    ric214 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

I've been using a CM Nightly and it's working pretty well. I've had some Bluetooth problems with it, sometimes it doesn't automatically connect to my car but I can do it manually. Bluetooth is one of the things that's supposed to be fixed in 4.2.2 which is why I'm anxious for a 4.2.2 ROM.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

It won't be long before they release one. Seems like 4.2.2 is a minor update. Easy for us to call it minor, they have to go through the code...
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Tried to flash one today, but there are too many bugs on it to be useful. I just want some 4.2 love.

The CM10.1 nightly dated the 2/15/12 changed me over to 4.2.2.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine35 View Post
    That's great news, how is it working for you? Have you noticed any improvements in Bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by cjohn4043 View Post
    Tried to flash one today, but there are too many bugs on it to be useful. I just want some 4.2 love.
    Get a Nexus 10. Completely cured me of caring if my phone is 100% up-to-date. I get to play with 4.2.2 + know that there's nothing in it that I absolutely need on my phone.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

I have a Nexus 7 but I still want my phone to be up to date. I have my phone with me all of the time, that's not the case with the tablet.
    ConTejas likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by Pollster View Post
    Get a Nexus 10. Completely cured me of caring if my phone is 100% up-to-date. I get to play with 4.2.2 + know that there's nothing in it that I absolutely need on my phone.
    I agree. My Nexus 7 is up to date and I care a little less about updates. Especially since I have a Verizon gnex lol. Full disclosure I'm flashing CM10.1 newest nightly now lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine35 View Post

I can confirm the CM 10.1 nightly bump to 4.2.2. Nice surprise!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    AOKP

Xylon 20.1 is 4.2.2 it's a solid rom
    nothing nothing nothing
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

I updated my CM nightly to 2/15 on Friday and then to the 2/17 last night which are both based on 4.2.2. Bluetooth seems to be working better in my car, I was having problems with it not automatically connecting with the CM 4.2.1 build I was using, that seems to be fixed. As far as I can tell everything seems to be working.

it may be good since it is a work phone to are on the side of cation. what you could do is buy yourself a samsong galixy epic s2 and play around with it knowing you have a backup??? i will tell you that i am a poor man and my phone is my lifeline and i boldly rooted not once but twice haha but before i did i was worrned several times that if i did not follow the directions i could brick my phone. and the people who make these roms are pros they, well i use xda are trustworthy??? hope it helped

Euroskank's AOSKP (his version of AOKP) is also on 4.2.2.

MMuzzy just updated both French Vanilla on 2\17 and Vanilla on 2\19. Awesome daily driver IMO.
    Nexus 7 - stock for the moment
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus - running MMuzzy
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Droid X

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jason302 View Post
    MMuzzy just updated both French Vanilla on 2\17 and Vanilla on 2\19. Awesome daily driver IMO.
    Just flashed the Vanilla ROM the other day and it is working great for me. only problem is lack of GPS for some reason. not sure if its my phone or my last couple ROMs or what. fearing i Will have to restore stock to find out
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.

You guys should check out shiny 4.2.2. This is a very pure version w all functions working including GPS.
    the901 likes this.

ROM
    AOKP M2

Yesterday AOKP announced their JB-MR1 Build 4 which is 4.2.2... Looks like they have this ready for all builds now. I suppose I'll put this on my GNex and N7 first chance I have... probably this evening!

[Release] JB-MR1 Build 4 | AOKP

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I went with MMuzzy's latest french vanilla rom. Switched from an early August BuglessBeast. So far completely stable and smooth and I'm having better battery life(might just be from the fresh install but still feels better than it ever has, using release day extended battery).

I'm on JBSourcery 4.5.6 and it is 4.2.2 based. They are up to version 5.0 now.

It's pretty nice.

ROM
    Bugless Beast

One word...Two syllables...Shi-ny!