1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default Verizon nexus update

For what it's worth, yes I have been having trouble with my lte connection lately and yes I'm envious of the 4.2.2 updates that other nexus owners are receiving. So tonight I decided to call Verizon to complain, I got through to a tier two advisor to trouble shoot my phone. He seemed nice and very understanding and very willing to get to the bottom of this. In our conversation he did tell me we are about to receive an update but didn't know if it was 4.2.2 or not but an update is coming soon. One could only hope that it is. Either way it seems I will be getting something. A new phone or an update, what will it be?
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Default Re: Verizon nexus update

Quote Originally Posted by mark425 View Post
    For what it's worth, yes I have been having trouble with my lte connection lately and yes I'm envious of the 4.2.2 updates that other nexus owners are receiving. So tonight I decided to call Verizon to complain, I got through to a tier two advisor to trouble shoot my phone. He seemed nice and very understanding and very willing to get to the bottom of this. In our conversation he did tell me we are about to receive an update but didn't know if it was 4.2.2 or not but an update is coming soon. One could only hope that it is. Either way it seems I will be getting something. A new phone or an update, what will it be?
    One, he was probably telling you an update was coming so that when he couldn't completely address your connectivity issues, he would say that the upcoming update will.
    If the GNex gets the 4.2.1 update, I will be shocked, but it's makes the most logical sense. There is probably zero chance of getting 4.2.2.
    I hope they have a hidden stash of new phones so you don't get a retread with other issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    stock

Well I definitely won't take a refurbished phone. I have heard they will substitute with a galaxy 3. That would be the only phone I will accept.

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mark425 View Post
    Well I definitely won't take a refurbished phone. I have heard they will substitute with a galaxy 3. That would be the only phone I will accept.

For some reason I highly doubt that they'll replace with an s3 I hear they do Razr M's if it comes down to it. And it also depends on who you get.
    nothing nothing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredshoes View Post
    For some reason I highly doubt that they'll replace with an s3 I hear they do Razr M's if it comes down to it. And it also depends on who you get.
    I personally know two people who DID get S3s as replacements for the GNex, so it is absolutely possible. I don't know the trick to getting them to agree to the switch but it worked for a few people at least.