Thinking about a Nexus

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So I am thinking about buying this Nexus phone from eBay to play around with. I have a question though. I already own a Nexus 7 and is it possible to install my purchased apps on both the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Nexus phone?

Sorry if that's a simpleton question, I'm kinda new to Android.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 10 and share most apps. Yes, the app is specific to you, not the device, and so can be also installed on any compatible device

diabloking

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I am thinking about buying this Nexus phone from eBay to play around with. I have a question though. I already own a Nexus 7 and is it possible to install my purchased apps on both the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Nexus phone?

Your purchased apps will work on any device unless the app isn't design for the phone and/or tablet.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Why from eBay? I hear you don't get warranty from Google unless the purchase came from your account. Just saying be careful. Unless the eBay price is ridiculously low I would buy from Google direct.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
no one mentioned this....but as long as you are signed into the same google account on both devices, you are able to download (at no extra cost) your previously purchased applications...as long as they are compatable with both devices.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Does Google still sell the Galaxy Nexus through their store? I personally suggest craigslist if you don't mind used. Should be some cheap options there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I have 3 phones and 2 tablets all running the same apps from the same account.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
How do you sync the data between the apps on your phone and the ones on your tablet? Do you have to use a third party app like Carbon maybe to back 'em all up and restore later?

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
How do you sync the data between the apps on your phone and the ones on your tablet? Do you have to use a third party app like Carbon maybe to back 'em all up and restore later?

Your Google apps: gmail email, contacts, music, calendar, drive all synchronize when you log on with the same gmail account. Data for individual non-Google apps depends on the app itself. I wish the apps would just all store data on Google drive so it would be seamlessly shared and some apps are starting to do that. Others like TripIt have there own login and network storage and data sharing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Your Google apps: gmail email, contacts, music, calendar, drive all synchronize when you log on with the same gmail account. Data for individual non-Google apps depends on the app itself. I wish the apps would just all store data on Google drive so it would be seamlessly shared and some apps are starting to do that. Others like TripIt have there own login and network storage and data sharing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yeah I know the Gapps sync automatically. But I only really use about 3 Gapps anyway, its my other apps data that I would like to keep synced automatically without rooting and using Titanium Backup or something.

But, I guess Carbon Backup is the best bet overall right now. You can backup the apps and app data to Drive, Drop box, Box, etc. Tried it recently to restore my apps when I went back to stock recently and it makes the whole process easier. Part of the reasons I don't wanna root and ROM anymore is that constant backup/restoration process.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know the Gapps sync automatically. But I only really use about 3 Gapps anyway, its my other apps data that I would like to keep synced automatically without rooting and using Titanium Backup or something.

But, I guess Carbon Backup is the best bet overall right now. You can backup the apps and app data to Drive, Drop box, Box, etc. Tried it recently to restore my apps when I went back to stock recently and it makes the whole process easier. Part of the reasons I don't wanna root and ROM anymore is that constant backup/restoration process.

Just root and stay stock. It's pretty easy to just re root with N4 toolkit after an update.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

My backup pro does what u are askin bra. It saves whatever app data u want online so u can put it on any device u choose apps + data. The catch is like most apps like this u have to be rooted.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just root and stay stock. It's pretty easy to just re root with N4 toolkit after an update.

Yeah that's what I've decided to do.

My backup pro does what u are askin bra. It saves whatever app data u want online so u can put it on any device u choose apps + data. The catch is like most apps like this u have to be rooted.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Carbon doesn't require root though which is probably why it'll be the better option for a lot of ppl who don't wanna root to get this functionality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon