Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Default Is it odd that I don't have the System Update section in my About Phone in Settings?

I just noticed that the System Update section is entirely missing from my "About Phone" in settings. It was there when I was upgrading from ICS, since I spent a lot of time going there to "Check for Update". But now, even after a couple of reboots, it is just gone. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Is it odd that I don't have the System Update section in my About Phone in Settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance14 View Post
    I just noticed that the System Update section is entirely missing from my "About Phone" in settings. It was there when I was upgrading from ICS, since I spent a lot of time going there to "Check for Update". But now, even after a couple of reboots, it is just gone. Any thoughts?
    Are you stock or on a rom? My carbonrom doesn't have it but I've been on 4.2.2 for awhile

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Default Re: Is it odd that I don't have the System Update section in my About Phone in Settings?

No, I went back to stock from Bugless Beast when I needed to do a factory reset, haven't even rooted it since then. Very odd. Currently on 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Vance14 View Post
    No, I went back to stock from Bugless Beast when I needed to do a factory reset, haven't even rooted it since then. Very odd. Currently on 4.1.1
    Do you have the google frameworks disabled? Another user just posted their button was gone because they accidentally disabled the framework services.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

No, it is enabled. It is all baffling.