JDQ39 4.2.2 ota update is live.

dmedesha

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
VZW is finally catching us up. Check your Settings- About - Check for Updates.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine at 8am this morning. Usually it takes me several days before the OTA hits my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363782830472.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363782830472.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 80

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Nice about time this started getting pushed. Now since Im unlocked and rooted I cant accept the update correct?

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Nice about time this started getting pushed. Now since Im unlocked and rooted I cant accept the update correct?
You should be able to still get the OTA. I'm unlocked and rooted and I got it. However, I believe some conditions must be true in order to get the OTA update (and have it update correctly/safely):
- You must be running the stock ROM and you must not have deleted any of the apps which came stock
- You may or may not need to temporarily unroot (use OTA Rootkeeper app). I did do the temporary unroot and I got the update. Not 100% sure if I would've gotten it otherwise.
After the patch was downloaded, it said that the signature didn't match, and asked if I wanted to install it anyway, and I said yes.

I'm certainly no expert, but that's been my experience.

Michael Noll

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I got mine and my battery won't charge now. The update drained my battery in about 4 hours. I've had it plugged into my computer's USB since then, but the battery won't go above 1% charged.

Looks like Exchange used up 56% of the battery time, so I have stopped that process to see what happens.

Anyone else have a dead battery after the upgrade?

UPDATE: Twitter helped me figure out that after the update to 4.2.2, you should delete your exchange account and then set it up again. After doing this, it seems that my battery life is back to normal and the phone isn't running hot anymore. I'll update this again if that changes.

Last edited:

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got mine and my battery won't charge now. The update drained my battery in about 4 hours. I've had it plugged into my computer's USB since then, but the battery won't go above 1% charged.

Looks like Exchange used up 56% of the battery time, so I have stopped that process to see what happens.

Anyone else have a dead battery after the upgrade?
Strange. I have no idea why it would do that; I've never heard of that happening before. I'm sure you've double-checked that your USB cable is fully plugged in and functional.

Benjamin Fowler

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue when I upgraded back in the fall. The Microsoft Exchange account security goes nuts. Today's update drained my battery hard before I remembered the problem with Exchange. I had it plugged into the wall, and though it charged, it did so very slowly. When charging through a USB port on a computer, you charge slower, so with Exchange burning power, you were never making enough back to store.

I deleted my exchange account, reinstalled, and it works fine again.

ETA: I am currently unrooted, but using the basic stock and my update came in with no problems.

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue when I upgraded back in the fall. The Microsoft Exchange account security goes nuts. Today's update drained my battery hard before I remembered the problem with Exchange. I had it plugged into the wall, and though it charged, it did so very slowly. When charging through a USB port on a computer, you charge slower, so with Exchange burning power, you were never making enough back to store.

I deleted my exchange account, reinstalled, and it works fine again.

ETA: I am currently unrooted, but using the basic stock and my update came in with no problems.
Interesting. Good to know for future reference. Thanks.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I went back to stock 4.1.1 and unrooted to get the OTA update but so far nothing! And yes, I tried all the tricks about force stopping google services framework, but nada. On WiFi or 4G LTE. Nada.

I even did a SIM card pull!

Megan Murphy

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got the update this morning and though my battery will charge, Exchange services is sucking it dry in roughly 2 hours. I need to run the service for my work email. How do I make it stop sucking my battery?

CurtMiller

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I ran into the Exchange Eats Battery issue as well when my phone upgraded this morning. I'm trying the "Delete and Recreate your exchange link" trick over dinner. It doesn't look like it worked but I won't know until tomorrow. The phone went from 24% to 14% in 1.5 hours over dinner but that could have been other things. We shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol