I need help using the new swype-like keyboard.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm used to using swype and this seems a lot different, especially using double letters or capitalizing. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having a similar experience. As a former swype user, it's shame I can't capitalize by swiping up. I haven't had trouble with double letters. Whether or not the 'loop' motion is working or not, it seems to get the word I'm trying to spell most of the time. Which brings me to one issue I am having though: word selection. With swype it knew 100% of the time the words I was trying to type no matter the speed or area my finger was swiping. This keyboard seems to take a (bad) guess after I lift my finger unless I am dead on accurate in covering each individual key. It's especially rough with words like "property."

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Why not just keep using Swype? By the way I thought Swipe would be hard and so I never tried it. But my son has the Nexus 7 with 4.2.2 with the swype like keyboard. After I used it I had to download Swype for my phone and it is so easy and awesome. Don't really see myself using stock keyboard at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC