Lost the butter with 4.2.2

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is experiencing a loss of the 'buttery smooth' performance. Not to say that the phone lags in other areas, but since updating to 4.2.2 it definitely feels like I'm back on ICS when scrolling the home pages and app drawer. I'd like to know if it's just me or are others seeing what I'm seeing?

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah same here.. Been trying all morning to see if my phone would pick it up but no luck so far.. Have even been trying the clear and stop Google framework "trick" and nothing.. Do hope I don't lose the butter though whenever I eventually get it..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Drucifer007

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same slow down issue. I did the force update this morning and ever since then it has been slow. I hope is not permanent.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. Some things are not as smooth. Could be to save battery. I noticed when I used system panel where it shows the speed of both cores (running stock) they don't seem to be working as hard and the number seems lower. I did a factory reset just because I don't have to many apps on my phone and it runs about the same speed as it did after the update. I would definitely say 4.1.1 runs smoother with a few things (closing/opening apps, etc.) but not to much of a difference. When I did the factory reset I just went to security and did it that way. If there is a different way that might clear out everything please let me know.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
still waiting to get update. the manual force trick hasnt worked yet though it did for 4.1.

will post once i get update

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon. I have had no signal since the update last night. New SIM card...fingers crossed!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is bad to hear of the mentioned lag and loss of smoothness. I for one am glad to be rooted and running a custom Rom/kernel based on 4.2.2 and things are running very nice.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon. I have had no signal since the update last night. New SIM card...fingers crossed!!!

After the update, i went from 4/4 bars of reception down to 2/4.. Would a new SIM card fix the reception issue? or is it the new radios to blame?

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree I seem to have lost bars and wondered if a new sim card would make things better.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
UMass,

My phone was buggy/laggy/freezing as all hell... At times, it wouldnt even wake up from sleep mode...

I did a factory reset via "settings" and had fixed all that. Only thing missing, my reception went down by 50%.....

You may want to try that and see if it will fix your issues.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You might be getting the exact same signal, but 4.2 reports signal strength differently than 4.1:
Poor Signal on Android 4.2 on LTE Gnex? - xda-developers
I got great signal bars and signal dBm/asu on 4.1.1. Then flashed the leaked 4.2.2 OTA and did not. Then flashed back to the 4.1.1 radios keeping 4.2.2 but still the same bars/dBm/asu as with the 4.2.2 radios, so I think it must be a difference in how 4.2.2 reports signal strength.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So in another words... 4.1.1 vs 4.2.2 reception should be the same... Only difference is 4.2.2 reports a lower signal strength than 4.1.1?