Daydream not working

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So I set to daydream for "either" (either charging or dock), daydream is set to "on"...
I plug in my charger, hit the power button, screen goes dark, and nothing happens.

It's not the worst of bugs but still a bummer.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Daydream must be daydreaming, because it isn't doing its job.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't hit the power button. The phone will daydream instead of going to the lock screen. Just touch the screen to " wake " the phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Any one notice their phone not charging while plugged in and day dream running? I'm using the charger that came with my phone but the battery percentage does not move up, stayed the sane for about an hour before I noticed.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep my screen charging over night and sometimes during the day at work. Is it wise to leave the screen on (even in Daydream) for those many hours?

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I too am concerned about screen burn in, but I haven't noticed anything yet. I think Google would take that into consideration when developing a feature like day dream.

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The clock position changes every minute so I don't thing burn in is an issue

oxygenius

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't get it to work either. I think my problem is that when charging, my phone stays awake. It never unless I hit the power button turns the screen off (or go into daydream mode). How can I change that stay awake while charging setting?

anon(701772)

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This is my setting as well. My screen dims, but never times out on its on. I have Sleep set for 1 minute but I need to push the power button to turn it off.

anon(701772)

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Oxygenius, I found the solution over at XDA Developers forums....Thanks to users Bozint and Dan Demonic...

Pressing rapidly on Build number will open Developer Options by prompting "You are now a developer" or something. They are hidden by default. - Bozint
In settings-about phone-build, press build seven times to enable developer options. Not sure about first part of your questions, but make sure your device is plugged in to either a dock or charger thats active, have set following, in settings-security-screen security i set automatic lock to 15seconds , in screen security i set my power button to lock screen immediately and my phone is set to sleep as after 10minutes in settings-display, if i quickpress power button to screen off then again to bring up lockscreen after 15seconds the screen darkens and a few seconds later daydream turns on. There are some great live wallpapers out already set up for daydream on 4.2. if you are lookin for more choices. Hope this has helped rather than confused, am a noob so not up on technical terms etc. - Dan Demonic

oxygenius

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that sounded like a joke what you posted but rapidly tapping build number did work!! Thank you, this solves my issue! works great now.

dndtom

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on developer options. I must have enabled the start awake feature a while back. Disabling that fixed my problem with daydream not kicking in.

However, is anybody having problem with choosing photo frame or photo table crashing when you press start now or when daydream activates? It's intermittent, it'll work occasionally and other times it'll crash.

anon(701772)

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having any issues with photo frame, photo table or even the DashClock daydream beta.
I think I did the same as you, set the awake feature so long ago I forgot about that setting.

Thanks for the tip on developer options. I must have enabled the start awake feature a while back. Disabling that fixed my problem with daydream not kicking in.

However, is anybody having problem with choosing photo frame or photo table crashing when you press start now or when daydream activates? It's intermittent, it'll work occasionally and other times it'll crash.

WigglyFace

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Any one notice their phone not charging while plugged in and day dream running? I'm using the charger that came with my phone but the battery percentage does not move up, stayed the sane for about an hour before I noticed.

My Nexus charges at about 10% of it's normal screen-off charging rate if Daydream is active. This seems pretty silly for something that's just a super dim clock.

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok I just figured it out. You have to first go into you settings, then more, then developer options, then turn off the Stay Awake option. Then wait about 30 secs without pressing the side power button. It should start dazzling you. Oh yeah and if you have the feature on where the screen won't go out if your looking at it, then just set it flat away from you.
Peace

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I just used Tasker to initiate Daydream, but Flipboard seems to be the only good app for stuff beyond shapes and colors (or pics) surprised G+ doesn't support it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463