I am receiving the OTA update notification BUT??

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am rooted via Wug, should I un-root if I want to do the install? What happens if I hit the install by accident? I am currently running 4.1.1 with no problems should I even install this update?

Thanks,

RashadJr088

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
well are you using the stock rom with just your phone rooted and unlocked. or are you using a custom rom?... if I'm understanding what I remember about the roms. if it's stock you should be able to do an update as your just changing the rom os... if your custom then no the stock update won't work..

if your so worried, why not just grab the os you need and load it to your phone. update won't really go thru cause your already up to date. (not sure about the update not going thru if your already up to date.)

once again I would verify what I said about the whole update on stock and custom roms. I'm still somewhat new to this whole thing.

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Should I update, I am hearing lots of problems with it not being as good as previous versions? I am running 4.1.1 with no problems but even if I don't want to update is there any easy way to have the phone stop asking me to update?

Regards.

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat--rooted 4.1.1 stock. 4.1.1 works well for me and I've loaded the 4.2 camera with PhotoSphere, so I'm happy. I'd leave it alone, but I keep getting the notification nagging me to update. So, I just did all the research and am getting ready to just flash Mmuzzy's 4.2.2 ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77