Please help...won't boot past Google screen after 4.2.2 update

Ccs127

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! Having some serious issues with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus right now. I got the 4.2.2 update overnight, so I tried to install it when I got up this morning. Everything seemed to go fine, went through the normal update screens, then it rebooted...and stuck on the Google screen. I eventually had to do a battery pull, hoping that would fix things (it has in the past). Nope. Nothing. Now it just hangs at the Google logo until I pull the battery.

I tried Vol+/Vol-/Power to make sure that still works...it does. But it just won't boot. Anyone been in this situation before? Really need to get it working. I'd prefer not to lose all my data on the phone, if possible.

Please help...getting very frustrated. Thanks guys.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
how long did you wait? I got the upgrade but didn't have that problem but even before it, once in a while my phone will sit at the google screen for almost 4 minutes before it moves on. doesn't do it all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ccs127

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
how long did you wait? I got the upgrade but didn't have that problem but even before it, once in a while my phone will sit at the google screen for almost 4 minutes before it moves on. doesn't do it all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I waited 5-10 minutes, probably.

I probably should have mentioned, I had the same issues occasionally (sticking on Google) before the update, but a battery pull would always fix it. Now it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance