- 387 Posts
No data after 4.2.2 update
Updated this morning. Like some have said the phone is very hot. I started the system monitor app and it is showing both CPU's moving between the 80% and 100% range with next to no apps running.
Then I discovered that I have data over WiFi but absolutely nothing over 3G or 4G just no data and no indicator in the status bar. I did remove the battery but that did not solve the problem.
I've read that people say to reset your phone. I think this is done with some combination of pushing the volume and on button on the phone but I am not sure.
Also what does this mean? Does it mean it will restore the image to the phone but erase all apps and data. This will be the 4.2.2 image? I guess any apps I purchased will see be in the app store since many of the apps on the phone are also on my Nexus 7
Any thoughts appreciated.
- 387 Posts
Re: No data after 4.2.2 update
I woke up this morning took phone off charger powered on and 4g returned. Phone was still consuming battery and running hot. checked running apps 1 or 2 running but CPUs at 80 to 90%.
Checked battery use and found Google maps using close to 30% even though I had not been using maps. Searched a few more threads found another person with the map problem so I followed his advice and uninstalled it. Powered phone off put it on charger again for an hour.
Powered on a while ago and the problem seems resolved. Seems that Google maps reinstalled itself.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- By theanswer3 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 06-03-2012, 02:26 PM
- By jnguyen37 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
- By grnsnake in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 90Last Post: 03-30-2012, 08:25 AM
- By ming17 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
- By moestepp in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-06-2011, 12:10 AM