Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Circle on bottom of lock screen

I just got 4.2.2 today. Can anybody tell me what this little circle on the bottom of the lock screen is? Thank you in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Circle on bottom of lock screen-screenshot_2013-03-24-17-30-53.jpg  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Circle on bottom of lock screen

Quote Originally Posted by bold1193 View Post
    I just got 4.2.2 today. Can anybody tell me what this little circle on the bottom of the lock screen is? Thank you in advance!
    I don't think it does anything, really, other than potentially (1) signify the home button, or (2) signify the home lock screen?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I don't think it does anything, really, other than potentially (1) signify the home button, or (2) signify the home lock screen?
    Lol I figured that too but thought that was too simple. Another question I had was that people were saying that chrome was replacing the browser. But I Stoll have the native browser. Any idea about that? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bold1193 View Post
    people were saying that chrome was replacing the browser. But I Stoll have the native browser. Any idea about that? Thanks
    Future Nexus devices (such as the N4) will use Chrome as the Native browser.

If you long-press the little circle you'll see a "slide menu" that allows you to launch Google Now (perhaps they will add other options in the future?). This is redundant if you use the slide unlocker, but if you securely lock your phone this allows you to quickly launch Google Now from the lock screen (though you still have to unlock).

[edit: As Malachy mentions below, the slide unlocker no longer launches camera or Now -- I hadn't noticed that]
    Last edited by Appventive; 03-25-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: correction

Slide unlock no longer has camera or Now. The circle is for Google Now. Sliding your finger from the right edge of your screen to the left will bring you to the camera

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Appventive View Post
    If you long-press the little circle you'll see a "slide menu" that allows you to launch Google Now (perhaps they will add other options in the future?). This is redundant if you use the slide unlocker, but if you securely lock your phone this allows you to quickly launch Google Now from the lock screen (though you still have to unlock).

[edit: As Malachy mentions below, the slide unlocker no longer launches camera or Now -- I hadn't noticed that]
    Hi Appventive - Sometimes, after I complete the call, I see this circle at the bottom of the android screen and no way to exit it. The usual icons in the system tray Retrun / Home / Window-Chooser disappear. As a result, I am unable to come out to view my home screen. What is the solution please?

The only way I have figured out is to get someone to give me a missed call which resets my screen.

I am using Android 4.2.2 on Sony Xperia C.

Please help.

Regards - Anuj