Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Question-(not a complaint-new one needed?)

I've noticed that when I take my phone off the charger, it loses about 10% of the battery pretty quickly; in the first hour and a half the phone is off the charger, it will go from 100% to about 87-85%. However, after that, it seems like it does stabilize a bit and will tick off 3-6 % per hour, depending upon wifi/4G. IS this the sign of a battery that is slowly dying or has lost a bit of its charge capacity? I have only had this extended battery for a little over a year.

Also, I use Gsam battery monitor and notice some apps (One More Clock Widget, for example) are using a % of the battery (like 3-5%) even days after I removed the widget (due to excess battery use-it was like 7-10% which I thought was ridiculous for a home screen weather/clock widget). Is my assumption correct that I just need to uninstall apps like this, or am I making too big of a deal over 3% use?

I think the new update does drain the battery a little bit more, especially over 4G.

Default Re: Battery Question-(not a complaint-new one needed?)

Your battery is probably fine. The reason for the sudden drop when you first take it off the charger is probably this: Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

As for the widget, I can think of a couple of things. GSAM may be showing historical usage. Is there a way, in GSAM, to reset the stats, so it starts from zero and won't show any usage prior to the reset? You might also want to reboot the phone, if you haven't done it since removing the widget. It may have left something of itself behind.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3