Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else lose Play in update?

I really don't want to roll back or wipe, but I can't connect to Google Play anymore when trying to update apps. I tried clearing and killing play and services and vice versa to no avail.

Usually I just wait till bugs fix themselves but I might have to hit undo changes to Play.

Anyone else have this?

Default Re: Anyone else lose Play in update?

Quote Originally Posted by yosteve View Post
    I really don't want to roll back or wipe, but I can't connect to Google Play anymore when trying to update apps. I tried clearing and killing play and services and vice versa to no avail.

Usually I just wait till bugs fix themselves but I might have to hit undo changes to Play.

Anyone else have this?
    By any chance, did you do the "Google Services Framework" wipe trick in order to get the update to push to you faster?

I couldn't update any apps or download any new ones in the Play store after my update. I'm guessing this is what you are talking about. I started a thread here 4.2.2 update now I can't update or download apps that you can read. I tried the clearing of Cache and data for the Play app and Google Services Framework which did nothing at all to fix the problem.

What fixed it for me was just deleting my Google account and then signing back in. Worked perfectly after that. Remember to sync your info from your Google account before you delete it because you will lose all info on the phone (Contacts etc...). After you log back in your account will sync again and all your info will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    What fixed it for me was just deleting my Google account and then signing back in. Worked perfectly after that. Remember to sync your info from your Google account before you delete it because you will lose all info on the phone (Contacts etc...). After you log back in your account will sync again and all your info will be back.
    This is exactly what I was going to suggest if that was the OP's issue. I had to do the same and it took care of things very nicely.