Just finished talking with Verizon Tier 2.

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second Nexus and started having issues with it after the 4.2.2 software update. My reception was horrible and the battery life was just as bad with my first nexus. I sometimes work in an area of town that has bad 4g reception so I turn off my wifi, LTE, and bluetooth to try and save my battery however, it does not work. I started experiencing youtube not working and 5-6 random reboots in the last two weeks. So today I called Verizon and explained the issues I was having. I told the Tier 2 tech support person the troubleshooting steps that I had taken. (Thanks to Android Central). He said that what I did was all he could do for me and thanked me for doing his job. So I asked him to just replace the phone with something else. I told him I understand that I must be sent 3 of the same phones but I seriously doubt the issue would be resolved with a 3rd Nexus. So he asked for approval to swap phones. First offer was a Samsung Galaxy Stellar. I declined that one and the next offer was a Stratosphere. Both phones, though newer, still did not compare to the Nexus. So I said that the phone didnt have to be a Samsung. So he said what about a Motorala Rzr HD. I said that would not be bad but not a big fan of the phone since I had the RZR and really didn't like the feel of it but I would take it. So he said he needed to get an approval. He returns to the phone line and said my supervisor threw me a curve and you can have a Galaxy S3. So they are shipping me out a White S3.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
That was a good decision. I currently have no problems with mine. There is an annoying wifi bar on the notification center on Verizon version and it automatically turns wifi on when you click it. There are reports of some people having trouble with NFC beaming. When you update to Jellybean 4.1.1 for the S3 its runs way faster. You should wait for the S4 though. It is way faster than the S3. With a 1.9 GHZ Quad core processor and the International one has an 8 core processor ( the S4)!!!!!

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Similar issues here...Verizon filed an official "trouble" ticket and will "resolve" my issue in 72hours.....I am not getting calls or texts in many different areas even where I have good reception...who knows...I am missing a lot of important messages but I guess a 3 day delay with magic resolution will be the answer I need...** hum...this is my second gnex in 2 weeks... Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just call back and ask for a replacement. That was all I did. I expressed that sending me another Gnex will most likely have the same issues.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sad to hear people are still having problems with the GNex. My wife and I are still on our originals, got them eleven months ago and updated twice, from ICS to 4.1, then 4.2. It has it's little quirks, but I take it on the road for three-four weeks at a time, and it still rocks. The only upgrade I made was adding a Seidio 3800 mAh battery, it doubled my on screen time.
My two cents, keep trying, you'll get a good one, people went thru this when it first came out.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

batt1719

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same battery, reception and reboot issues as everyone else. Verizon told me that my phone was out of warranty so there is nothing I can do. Told me I could use the upgrade on my daughter's line and get a new phone. Pretty much told me to go fly a kite.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I was told today that the trouble ticket was not properly filled out so I waited a week for nothing. Supposedly I will hear back by tomorrow...

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same battery, reception and reboot issues as everyone else. Verizon told me that my phone was out of warranty so there is nothing I can do. Told me I could use the upgrade on my daughter's line and get a new phone. Pretty much told me to go fly a kite.
Call back. It all depends on who you get on the phone. They and their supervisors have a tremendous amount of flexibility in these situations. They typically aren't sending out new phones, btw, you are getting CLNR, which can be great because of the higher level of QA.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm sad to hear people are still having problems with the GNex. My wife and I are still on our originals, got them eleven months ago and updated twice, from ICS to 4.1, then 4.2. It has it's little quirks, but I take it on the road for three-four weeks at a time, and it still rocks.
Mine is fine where the signal is strong, but not good in areas having weaker signals. I think this is true of all GNex's due to the radios/antennas/design.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Well its been 4 hours and have not received the notification of the pending work order as I was assured that I would get a text when we hung up...this is eating up more time than a Langolier!!!

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I always wait until I get a confirmation before I hang up. They always have a tendancy do this. Never trust them to send it to you on time. It will come late or it will not come at all.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Spoke last night to someone else... Asked what phone I wanted! I chose the RAZR max hd ...didn't want to play my hand with another Samsung or the DNA. hope this works.

aziadeh

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I told the Tier 2 tech support person the troubleshooting steps that I had taken. (Thanks to Android Central). He said that what I did was all he could do for me and thanked me for doing his job.

Just curious as to what those steps were so I can have all my info ready. I'm thinking about calling and having mine replaced also. I would be fine with another gnex. But if that one craps out, I'll try for a razr maxx hd.
I have done most of the main things already like factory reset, restore with factory images etc.