1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

I keep getting the above message, tried to restart/disable keyboard no change. phone is useless without keyboard!

Default Re: Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

What was the events leading up to this happening?

3rd party keyboard?

Rooted?

The more info the better.

Thanks.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    CM10

I've been getting this error too and am trying different things to see if I can't work through it. I am trying to flash AOKP milestone 1 with the 20130313 gapps package. I will post back if I can figure out the problem I am having and see if it helps you at all

ROM
    CM10

My problem was solved when redownloading my rom from a different source. My flashes were never broken, but I could tell as soon as I flashed the rom the final time that it was going to be better.

If your problem isn't with flashing a rom, in my search for answers, I came across clearing data for the AOSP keyboard in the apps menu.(settings>apps>all>) and clearing the data for a dictionary. (I could never find the dictionary.
    Thanked by:

I was having the problem of getting a "Samsung keyboard stopped" message on my Note II, and then started getting a "Samsung music player stopped" as well, which locked up the keyboard. I was able to get rid of these by going to settings and clicking on the keyboard and music player in application manager and then clicking on "uninstall updates". Unfortunately, it seems I'll have to do this every time I restart.

Smile Re: Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

Even i got this error and found the solution.. Go to Settings>App>ALL> select the android keyboard and clear the cache and this is solve the problem and you can use the keyboard.. Enjoy the Google nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Talking Re: Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

Thank you so much , the information provided was so very helpful :-) :-)

pls kelp me this problem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dev_1980 View Post
    pls kelp me this problem

My Samsung Nexus 4s had just received this problem. I have had the phone for about one year now. Recently, I have been told that my Google Play Services aren't working, then shortly after the Android keypad stopped working. I have tried to factory reset it (using the volume keys) and reboot. However nothing seems to be working.... Help please???

I have tried the above methods as well, however nothing has helped
    Quote Originally Posted by GP1208 View Post
    My Samsung Nexus 4s had just received this problem. I have had the phone for about one year now. Recently, I have been told that my Google Play Services aren't working, then shortly after the Android keypad stopped working. I have tried to factory reset it (using the volume keys) and reboot. However nothing seems to be working.... Help please???

Red face Re: Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

With the ASOP keyboard has stopped working.

Show your apps. Find "Manage Apps", this will show all your running apps. Bottom right, (on my ZTE), shows "Sort by size" & "Reset app preferences", choose "Reset app preferences". Then "Reset apps". It worked for me without factory resetting, or saving apps I've purchased to my SD card. Hope this works.

Unhappy Re: Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

my Problem Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped. plz help me whats do...?

please help me my set problem is Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolee James View Post
    With the ASOP keyboard has stopped working.

Show your apps. Find "Manage Apps", this will show all your running apps. Bottom right, (on my ZTE), shows "Sort by size" & "Reset app preferences", choose "Reset app preferences". Then "Reset apps". It worked for me without factory resetting, or saving apps I've purchased to my SD card. Hope this works.

yes
    i followed and my problem is ok. ----------- "unfortunately, android keyboard has stopped"
    Thanks for the help.
    byel
    lesliekandy

Question Re: Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

Guys Plz help me.In my mobile HUAWEI. That's notification has coming that unfortunately , Android Keyboard has Stopped..
    plz anyone hlp me...

My Kyocera Event was doing the same thing for the past day or two. Every few seconds, the keyboard shutdown message would pop up. I solved it by going to and re-installing the keyboard. After the update, it seems to be working fine.

Hey all, I have an SIII running Cyanogen 10.2 stable and I'm getting this error.

I have tried disabling the, dictionary, and clearing the data on the andriod keyboard. And still I have the same problem.

Any ideas?

If you are running 4.2.2, then you need this gapps;

you can install it using recovery over the one for 10.2... gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip