Whites have a pinkish hue, greys are purplish

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The whites on my CLNR GNex have a pinkish hue and the greys are purplish. It is really noticeable when the display is on auto brightness, less noticeable when on maximum brightness. Could this be due to aging?

Comparing it to my original GNex, that one looks more yellow. The yellow tinge doesn't bother me as much as the pink/purple.

Last edited:

whitewallman

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Return it. The screen is trash.
I've received more than my fair share "cln" devices. And the majority were plagued with the purple screen issue. Many of which had 0 calls/hours and never activated. Either that or the odometer was reset. I personally think the screens are being replaced with low quality, factory seconds. I'm on my 4th cln device at the moment and this screen is perfect. Unfortunately, the haptic motor is shot. I've been swapping one problem for another with their cln fiasco. Certified like new is Verizon's choice of words. A new device doesn't have a purple screen. I suspect their "100 point inspection" is nothing more than pointing at every 100th unit passing by and saying "try that one"

Last edited:

whitewallman

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The next one may have just as good signal and better display. If not, that one goes back. I'm not going to swap one problem for another, which is what they're betting most consumers will do. It's a real crap shoot with Verizon warranty department.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol