Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By androidluvr2
  • 1 Post By whitewallman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whites have a pinkish hue, greys are purplish

The whites on my CLNR GNex have a pinkish hue and the greys are purplish. It is really noticeable when the display is on auto brightness, less noticeable when on maximum brightness. Could this be due to aging?

Comparing it to my original GNex, that one looks more yellow. The yellow tinge doesn't bother me as much as the pink/purple.
    I voided my warranty.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Whites have a pinkish hue, greys are purplish

from my other thread, it is due to aging since the blue subpixels of an AMOLED screen burn out faster than the red. So this red shift is due to aging. The phone was heavily used and not reconditioned.

What Happens to an AMOLED Screen as it Ages?
    I voided my warranty.
    xyzlene likes this.

Return it. The screen is trash.
    I've received more than my fair share "cln" devices. And the majority were plagued with the purple screen issue. Many of which had 0 calls/hours and never activated. Either that or the odometer was reset. I personally think the screens are being replaced with low quality, factory seconds. I'm on my 4th cln device at the moment and this screen is perfect. Unfortunately, the haptic motor is shot. I've been swapping one problem for another with their cln fiasco. Certified like new is Verizon's choice of words. A new device doesn't have a purple screen. I suspect their "100 point inspection" is nothing more than pointing at every 100th unit passing by and saying "try that one"
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by whitewallman View Post
    I suspect their "100 point inspection" is nothing more than pointing at every 100th unit passing by and saying "try that one"
    LOL! This one could hold a 4G LTE signal in weaker signal areas, though, my original GNex never did.
    I voided my warranty.

The next one may have just as good signal and better display. If not, that one goes back. I'm not going to swap one problem for another, which is what they're betting most consumers will do. It's a real crap shoot with Verizon warranty department.
    Thanked by:
    xyzlene likes this.